Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Su Esthetic Boutique Spa in Bangkok

As part of Jem's Bachelorette Weekend in Bangkok, which you can read about here, we looked for a boutique spa, which was much nicer than the dime a dozen massage place you see on every street corner, but wouldn't break the bank like the hotel spas do. For an ordinary person, just looking at the hotel spa prices can definitely induce stress, not reduce it. Hahaha.

Of course, we wanted good service too, and for that part, we had to rely on online and tripadvisor reviews, and my other criteria was it had to be centrally located because I wasn't willing to go to the middle of nowhere in Bangkok in search of a spa I have never heard of before.

One of the spas I really liked was Su Esthetic Spa located in the Sukhumvit Area, walking distance from the Emporium where Sof and I stayed for a month when I had to go to Bangkok for work in 2010. 

Su Esthetic Spa was offering a package online where they had a 90 minute treatment which includes a facial and a massage among others, for only Baht1,000 (discounted from the original Baht1,800 price). Sucker for a sale that I am, I knew this was the perfect spa for us. I just emailed them from Manila to book our treatments, which they confirmed - with the condition that I call them to confirm at least a day before, which the hotel concierge helped me do when I arrived in Bangkok.

The place did not disappoint. It looked as beautiful in person, just like
the pictures.
Totally unplanned, but the spa matches the bride!!!
As if I planned it that way. Hahaha.

The place feels like you're a guest in a cozy renovated old home.

We totally skipped brunch in order to make it to the spa in time for our treatments so we were all starving.
Too bad the A la Carte Menu did not have any food on it!
We had to make do with the tea, which was served in pretty cups.

They also sell personal care products, as well as handmade trinkets.

You need to make a reservation prior to coming because they can only accommodate 6 people at a time.
We asked for a room for 3 because we were doing a Bridal Shower Activity,
so they just put up a curtain to separate Tim from our side.
This is our before picture.
It's not really clear here, but this was our after picture.
It was really one of the best facials I ever had, and the massage was good too.
True to his role as slave of the bride, Tim is helping Jem remove the lint
from her butt!

It should be more visible in the following pictures how fresh and rejuvenated we were after our treatment.

The only catch is that you need to pay in cash, so make sure you bring enough Baht. They will also encourage you to tip at least Baht 100 for a Baht 1000 treatment which I think is quite reasonable since the service is good.



Su Esthetic Spa is located on a side-street off- Sukhumvit Soi 26, so it's not that easy to find it, but once you're on the correct street, you can't miss it.

Ironically, it's a Korean Spa in Bangkok, but I love it so much, I can't wait to go back for work so I can schedule another treatment. just saying.


Su Esthetic Home Spa
Soi Thanphuying Phuangrat Praphai, 
Sukhumvit Soi 26, Bangkok 10110. 

In Thai: สุขุมว‘ท ซอย26, ซอยท่านผู้หญ‘งพวงรัตน์ประไพ
http://www.suesthetic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment