Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Birthday Beach Month

My birthday is coming up soon, and for the first three weekends, this is what I've lined up.

Weekend 1: Bentota
Taj Vivanta Hotel in Bentota
Photo Credit: Taj Bentota Website

Bentota is a coastal city located on the southern tip of the Galle District of the Southern Province of Sri Lanka. It’s around 1.5 hours away by road from Colombo.


Weekend 2: Maldives
Photo credit: Sheraton Maldives website

I wrote about going to Maldives here.


Weekend 3: It's Boracay!!!
I just found out yesterday that our booking has been confirmed.

Photo credit: www.kriyayoga.com

Boracay was awarded in the "Travelers' Choice 2011" by TripAdvisor as the second best beach (out of 25) in the world. Boracay was also fourth in the Top 10 Islands list in the Travel + Leisure travel magazine World's Best Awards 2011.


There's one more weekend left unplanned for in my birthday month. (but just the Saturday) Any other ideas where we can go? 

Maybe I should visit the beach lot in Laiya that I sort of impulse bought on my birthday five years ago. 
photo credit: fierce blogs (www.ericcapacia.com)
Playa Laiya is a 2 and a half hour drive away from Manila. It boasts of an extensive beachfront and pristine white sand. It's an exclusive residential estate developed by Landco Pacific, the same developers of Punta Fuego in Batangas. You can read more about Playa Laiya by visiting their website here.

Maybe it's time start thinking about how to make my beach house dream into a reality.  It will make a really awesome birthday present!

1 comment: