Thursday, April 2, 2015

After You's Winner Honey Shibuya Toast in Bangkok

One of the dessert places my friends recommended in Bangkok was After You so we could try their famous Honey Shibuya Toast. I tried the local version at Cafe Shibuya, and I wasn't really a fan (I found it to bread-y, you can read about that here) but I'm not sure if it's the local execution I didn't like, or if it's Honey Shibuya Toast I'm not a fan of, but I was willing to give the popular Thai version a try.

It was convenient to visit After You in Bangkok because they have a branch at Siam Paragon, the same mall with Four Seasons, the restaurant we visited for the best Roast Duck (you can read about that here). Ideally, we would have had Boneless Roast Duck for dinner and Honey Shibuya Toast for dessert but since the restaurant line was so long, and Sofia was already starving, we decided to have dessert first.

While we were waiting for our turn for dinner, After You also had a long line of waiting to be seated. The place was so full.  
Good thing you can cut the line if you order take away.
They have a lot of options on their menu, but we decided to go with the classic.
Next time, I'd like to try their coffee too.
We had to wait 15 minutes or so for them to prepare our order, so I was able to take some pictures of the place, and their offerings that caught my attention (or things I would also like to try next time).
Like Starbucks, they also have After You merchandise.
This was so cute. Reminds me of the Japanese knick knacks.
They gave me 2 bags when our order was finally ready.
Paper bag with the freshly cooked toast, and another with ice cream on dry ice.
Then we went back to our place in the Four Seasons line and started eating our dessert.
Impressive.
Sof didn't want to mix up anything so deconstructed
Honey Shibuya Toast it was.
She liked the toast dipped in honey.
Since I couldn't mix everything up, I ate mine on Ice Cream.
Yummy.

I bet it would have tasted better when plated well and with a good cup of coffee, so that's something to look forward to next time, but I don't think it was good enough to line up for. just saying.


After You Dessert Cafe
Ground floor, Siam Paragon 
991, Rama 1 Rd., Pathum Wan 
Pathumwan, Bangkok 

No comments:

Post a Comment