Friday, January 13, 2012

En route to Singapore

Fi and I are at one of the worst airports in the world. Just Saying.

I'm just glad that we're spoiled enough to have a choice between two lounges.  The SQ lounge, thanks to my once a year home leave tickets that I don't need to pay for, and the Miascor lounge, thanks to my American Express Platinum Card. We always choose our lounge based on proximity to the gate.

We were supposed to board 15 minutes ago, but since we just saw the SQ plane park in front of us, I am guessing this is one of the rare times when Singapore Airlines is delayed. Good thing my daughter is big enough to travel without her yaya and can actually take care of herself most of the time.

Quite at home in airport lounges, she sat down and fed herself 2 bowls of arroz caldo (rice porridge with chicken) and entertained herself with Tangled on the iPad. She also managed to wolf down a pack of cereal (while hoarding one pack to bring with us), eat some sky flakes with Lurpak butter, play Snoopy Street Fair and other various games on the iPad that she calls hers.

OK, but I digress. I wanted to do a quick post with the other food I've eaten during my short break and will surely miss. yes, I know... food again. but that's what Filipinos are known for. We think about the next meal, even while we're eating one!!!  That's why it's more fun in the Philippines despite the horrible reputation our airports have!

Here are my gastronomic highlights.  I'll try to put it in order of favorite, until boarding is announced.
Jollibee Chicken Joy and Palabok
This is normally always my first meal when I get back
We went on so many Milk Tea Runs.
Serenitea is one of our favorites.
We took advantage of their anniversary promotion where they give you an free top-up to 1 liter!
My favorite drink in Serenitea is Cranberry Tea with Pearl
Technically not a MILK tea.
Chapstick is there for perspective, and I was takaw mata  (hungry eyes) because I could never finish it
For real Milk Tea, I prefer this:
Regular Milk Tea with Pearl
TO Be Continued...
Boarding. I don't want to be left again!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment