Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lusso: my foie gras heaven

I love foie gras. Even when I was a kid, and foie gras was not yet part of my vocabulary, I always loved liver. Even until now, I am always tempted when I see liver or foie gras anything on restaurant menus.  Most of the time, I cross my fingers that whoever I am with, does NOT hate liver. I normally do a leading "oh, they have liver this or foie that... maybe we should try it"... Hahaha.

When I tried Lusso, in Greenbelt 5 last year, I knew I found my Foie Gras Heaven.  I always save it as a restaurant I want to go back to when I'm not hungry (because their portoins are quite small), and when I feel like I deserve a treat.

I recently went back to Lusso with my sister, and the food is still as good as I remembered.
Our standard order is always the Lusso Demi-Pound Foie Gras Burger and the Foie Gras Croque Monsieur split into two to share with my sister
Look at that melt in your mouth Foie Gras
They serve the burger with a cambozola sauce
Lusso Foie Gras Burger Php595 (SG$17.50) 
This is the cross-section of the Foie Gras Croque Monsieur
with Bechamel and Gruyere
Foie Gras Croque Monsieur Php450 (SG$13.20)
I love it that my sister realizes she's not a foie gras fanatic every time we order this (after they serve it!), so she says she won't eat half her share of the croque...  then I have to act like such a martyr who needs to finish it. There are so many starving children in the world... I can't let it go to waste!!!  Hahaha. 
I always eat the side salad.
I think it makes the meal a tad healthier
This part of my meal, I normally donate to my daughter
The challenge of eating in Lusso, is actually finding a child and yaya friendly order.  (Read: something that's not too posh as they are not really fans of truffle or foie)
I normally order Sofia a 3 egg omelet with truffle cream
Then she says... no black spots mom!  and no sauce please!
Omelet Php295 (SG$8.70) 
You can order plain rice even if it's not on the menu
They give you a well plated tinee-tiny scoop... but then that's enough for fif.
Then we normal experiment with one pasta dish for the nanny.
Cannelloni Bolognese Php320 (SG$9.42 )
This one tastes just like normal spaghetti.  In other words, it's nothing special.
We also ordered fries for our starter, they come with truffle cream sauce
We didn't realize all our orders had truffle cream or foie gras
really rich and really yumm...
We have never had room for dessert.  Hahaha.

Lusso is in Greenbelt 5.  You normally don't need reservations because the place does not get full.
It's a small place with no visible name and a big chandelier
closer view of the chandelier
The only name you'll find is on the door handle 
If you love Foie Gras, you should put this restaurant on your must try when I want to indulge myself list.  Just Saying.




No comments:

Post a Comment