Friday, January 13, 2012

My Last Supper (in Manila)

I have never been so tired or so stressed as I am now. Maybe I've been on vacation mode too long. Maybe it's just really a long hell week at work. Anyway, I'm glad that I have really good friends that you can say I've grown old with. The closest friends that I have and that I keep constantly in touch with are my friends from High School. And for this trip, my last supper in Manila, was spent with them. It was a nice break from all my to-dos and thoughts of work, where we got to catch up, laugh about silly things, and gossip about anything under the sun. It was really nice too that all of them made an effort to make it to dinner today especially since the original dinner plans were for last Tuesday, but unfortunately we missed our flight. But what I found the nicest of all, was that they let me choose where we would eat... 

...and I chose to eat this:
Sizzling Bulalo w/utak
literally translated to mean Sizzling Beef w/ Brain, but it's actually Bone Marrow
Shared among three of us, and we gave away the bone marrow
Sizzling Sisig also known as Sizzling Pork Cheeks!
May be ordered separately or as a meal with fried egg and rice.
I was on a low-carb diet so I gave Fi my rice, and she got the egg too! 

I did not even remember that this place also had really good dessert!
Halo-Halo
when literally translated it means Mix-Mix!
It's normally a lot of different things served with crushed ice and milk.
This version only has Macapuno (sweetened young coconut I think), bananas and leche flan (creme caramel)

In total "Why Women French Women Don't Get Fat Style", I convinced one of my friends to share the dessert with me. And again, consistent with the advice in the book, I again shared my half with Sofia... still leaving me happy and satisfied.
That was because I found a friend who was totally fine with letting me have THIS HALF!
I got 100% creme caramel and 30% of the others.

We ate at Razon's in Greenhills.

It's a good place to hang out if you just want to enjoy simple but probably very unhealthy comfort food.
They don't have a lot of customers anymore in that branch, so it's actually perfect for a big and noisy group like us.
It felt like we had the entire place to ourselves.
We stayed until closing time. Hahaha.

But special thanks goes to my stylish friend Chipsy!
She introduced me to this:
THIS IS NOT Goody!
But it can do this!
And that's without the help of any mousse, spray or mirrors!
I was so impressed! Thanks Chipsy for giving one of your pairs to me :) Now I can have sophisticated hair, with the twist of a pin... well, actually two! Hahaha. I'm so feelingera, you'd think I'm thanking a blog sponsor. Hahaha.

OK, that's all folks. Time to sleep now because we're going back to Singapore tomorrow and my little girl is looking forward to picking up the Lego on sale that we reserved over the phone. (Yes, we're Lego addicts! You can read about it here and here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment