Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Make your pictures fun with the Kola Lens Filter

A few days ago, we visited my friend who was home for the holidays from Germany.  He showed me one of the toys he got for Christmas.
My friend's Christmas present
KOLA stands for Kolor of Life Accessories
They are camera lens filters that you can play with to take really cool pictures
Being the brat that I am, I wanted one too!!!  Hahaha, Ingittera much! I immediately searched for it online to see where I could buy myself one.  I found someone online who said he bought his at Fully Booked in Bonifacio High Street for around US$14.  He also had a link to an online store that had it in stock and was selling it for Php600 (SG$17.50) and for an extra Php55 (SG$1.50) they'll ship it anywhere in Metro Manila.  I'm sure they will ship anywhere in The Philippines, it will probably just cost more.  I also found some sellers on Sulit but they were asking Php800 and that did not include shipping fees yet so I just took a chance and I bought from Kara of LocoLomoShop, the online store.
I was so happy when the courier delivered my package because I could not wait to play with my new toy.
We went to Cyma for dinner since I was craving for their Roka Salata.  We had to go to the Shangri-La branch because we found the food in the Eastwood branch to be really BAD. In fact, this was sort of a test we were doing to see if the food in Cyma had completely deteriorated, or if only the Eastwood branch sucked.  Just Saying.  
Cyma, Shangri-La Branch.
I was quite surprised that this restaurant still got full.
In the last few times I've been to Cyma, the food was unimpressive, and we always managed to get seats.
Oh--- kasi that was the Eastwood branch pala.  Hahaha.
THE ONE THAT SUCKS.
But since I had one of my cravings, I convinced everyone that we could wait this out.
I saw the Buy-The-Bucket stand by the Cinema across and I started craving for this too.
I bought a Jumbo bucket of Nachos with everything on it for Php110 (SG$3.30)
It was as good as I remembered, but the garlic sauce is surprisingly sweet.
If eaten together with the cheese, you begin to think you're eating nachos with mango drizzle.
It definitely tastes better when consumed while watching a good movie
When we got back to Cyma, I decided it was a good idea to play with my toy while waiting for our table.
This is what my toy does when you hold it in front of the camera lens.
 
Using the red filter with flash.  You can see the flash reflect on the corner of the filter.
Red filter with no flash
Orange filter with no flash
Yellow filter with no flash
Yellow Green filter with no flash

Green filter with no flash
Light blue filter with no flash
Dark blue filter with no flash
Purple filter with no flash
You can also use the filter in front of the flash.  I like using it this way, because you won't know how it will come out until the picture gets taken.  I started playing with it in this way when we finally got a table.
My sister does not look happy with me.
Ooops. I was too busy playing with my toy, instead of placing our order.
Red filter in front of the flash.
My cousin who had to buy Sofia's swim stuff for Bohol and who we dragged all the way to Shang for dinner with us, because Sofia wanted to run around with her.
Purple filter infront of the flash
My cousin's boyfriend, who also gets to run around with Fif.
Blue filter in front of flash.  (I think I used the lighter one)
Me with no filter
Me with blue filter... i think!
No filter.  Yay!  What I was craving for finally arrived.
Roka Salata To Share Portion: Php495 (SG$14.50)
Fresh arugula, chopped Romaine lettuce, sun dried tomatoes, candied walnuts, shaved Parmesan 
Greens made more Green.
Green filter in front of flash.
We didn't really see any arugula when we started serving the salad,
so we complained and they returned our plate with half the salad in arugula. and who knows what else!
Spinach and Artichoke fondue. No filter used.
Free if you find hair in your food.
Good thing I wasn't the one who saw it, or I would have lost my appetite!
Hirine Brizola or 3/4 inch thick Grilled Pork Chops Php 450.00 (SG$13.20)
No filter used.
Two pieces are normally served, but my daughter ate one na... because she said it's really yummy.
These were some of the other pictures I took while waiting for the food to come.
Christmas Display at the ground floor of Shangri-La Mall, taken from Cyma.
Shobs and I had Starbucks instead of dessert.
Sayang naman ang 2 stickers for 1 drink.
Picture taken with orange filter in front of flash.
With the blue filter in front of flash.
We are training yaya (the nanny) on how to use my new toy
Fif was extremely happy to be playing with Ninang Ria and Uncle Doc.
Taken with the red filter... in honor of the Starbucks Red Cups.  Hahaha.
The verdict is... Cyma is still on our favorite restaurant list but only the Shang branch.

... and I love my new toy.  Just Saying.
Love. Love. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment