Friday, January 20, 2012

Pizzeria Mozza and Wicked

SINGAPORE SERIES

Family always comes to visit us in Singapore. Normally, they come to eat and shop. However, this trip, they had another reason. They came to watch Wicked at Marina Bay Sands. They bought their tickets as early as August or September last year. With my very erratic travel schedule, and since the tickets are not exactly cheap, I did not want to buy tickets for me and Sofia if we were not sure we'll be in town.

I was also very undecided whether I wanted to bring Sofia with us or not because the tickets I wanted were $125 + $3 booking fee. Sofia normally naps after coming home from school at 530pm or she becomes cranky. I also was not sure whether or not the show was suited for a 4 year old, I've read somewhere that the show is recommended for 8 years above. I was totally willing to wing it, and just decide on the day itself if we were going to watch the show based on my daughter's mood and the availability of tickets.

However when we saw this ad, 

we decided to send my brother to the Marina Bay Sands Box Office to buy us tickets. Hahaha, sucker for a sale much, I know.

Free Upgrade to good seats inCategory B
We only paid for Category C tickets at SG$125 + SG$3 (booking fee)

Sofia was so excited to watch, she kept on announcing that she was watching Wicked, and her godparents (who bought their tickets last year) who came to visit us could watch with her.
Sofia made her writeable shirt a WICKED shirt!

We planned to arrive early so we could grab dinner at Mario Batali's Pizzeria Mozza before the show. We were very lucky that a party had just cancelled their reservation and it was given to us. It's the first time we were given a table there because you really should call in advance to reserve, I just keep forgetting to call until the last minute.

Mario Batali's Mozza is right across the Marina Bay Sands Theater
They have the fine dining side on the left.
Osteria Mozza
The more casual pizzeria is on the right.
Pizzeria Mozza

If you are unable to make a reservation, they give you bar seats. It's advisable to arrive for an early dinner or a late dinner because even the bar seats get full.
We were lucky to get bar seats the first time we went with no reservations.

The advantage of sitting at the bar is that you get a front row seat to watch all of the action.
They make the pizza right in front of you.
You also see what goes in and out of the oven.

It actually does not matter where you sit, because you get the full experience anyway.
The place setting
The cutlery and napkin are placed inside this envelope with a note card that doubles as a souvenir.
Lola Yaya absolutely loved collecting this!
The free bread sticks they give you upon arrival

These are our favorite dishes:
Nancy's Chopped Salad SG$19
It has greens, tomatoes, chickpeas and salami, serving good for sharing..

If you love liver, this is a must try!
Chicken livers, capers, parsley & guanciale Bruschette SG$17

Our favorite pizzas:
Funghi misti, fontina, taleggio & thyme SG$28
We love the mushroom pizza so much, we've ordered it every time we eat there.

We ordered this based on a recommendation of a friend.
Fresh goat cheese, leeks, scallions, garlic & bacon SG$27
The chunks of Goat Cheese and Bacon are so good, you will not even realize it's on a bed of leeks.

We have also tried the following pizzas, which are OK, and may be ordered again, depending on your mood. They just don't make it to my top picks.
Bianca with fontina, mozzarella, sottocenere & sage SG$34
Pictured on the left:
Bacon, salami, fennel sausage, pancetta, tomato & mozzarella SG$31
otherwise known as Meat Pizza
I also remembered ordering the Prosciutto di Parma, rucola, tomato & mozzarella (SG$27) and I guess it was not memorable enough for me to even find a picture.

They also have daily specials. We went on a Tuesday and the featured dish was really good.
Crispy Duck Leg served with lentils
Sorry, I forgot how much this was.

Over all, we really enjoy eating at Pizzeria Mozza, whether or not we are catching a show. 

Marina Bay Sands
10 BAYFRONT AVENUE  
SINGAPORE 018956   
Call +65 6688 8522 for reservations

Here are some of our excited to watch Wicked pics while waiting for our food to arrive:
The Peg
 Mom and Fif version
My sister and my aunt version
My brother is just weird version

If you haven't watched Wicked, you should. Even Sofia enjoyed it. She was awake for most of the show. Hahaha.

These are my favorite scenes:

Glinda teaching Elphaba how to do Toss, Toss.

This has been my last song syndrome since the other night.

Tickets are still available for Wicked Singapore. You can buy them online here. There is a new FREE UPGRADE promotion for the Lunar New Year. 


You can check the details here. Wicked will be showing at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore until 1st April 2012.  

1 comment:

  1. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your
    site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access
    consistently quickly.

    my weblog - symptoms of acid reflux disease ()

    ReplyDelete