Friday, June 15, 2012

bloom cupcakes in Phnom Penh

I was so tempted to go back to Phnom Penh for the weekend just so I could get more cupcakes... and a whole lot of Cake Pop Truffles.

These were the only flavors we tried and with 48 flavors available,
24 different ones available on any given day, it sure feels like there are a lot more cupcakes to try.

bloom is a training center for women who were victims of human trafficking.
The cafe and training center is located in a beautiful old house.
The cafe is nice and cozy.
We need to come back to enjoy it because we had to buy take away
and run to shop before the market closed.
It's wonderful that they empower the local women to be able to create such beautiful and yummy things.
I got this box for my friend in Ho Chi Minh who took us to the water puppet show that I wrote about here.
If you want to try something that has sold out, they can make it for you.
It takes less than 3 minutes.
Sofia wanted a Cake Pop Truffle.
I will forever regret not buying more. They are so much better than the chocolate cupcakes.
Sofia snacking on the
white chocolate cheesecake with fresh raspberries cupcake.
Our snack before swimming.
Yummy. We love the fruit and cream cheese flavor combinations.
I had to try the Salted Caramel Cupcake.
This was sold out but they made one for me.
The chocolate cake was not impressive, but I loved the salted caramel.
bloom cupcakes are love. See the heart?
When the icing is as high as the cake, you can't go wrong.
The lemon cake with raspberry syrup and vanilla cream cheese
was another favorite.
The Caramel and Macadamia Tart had whole nuts in it
with a generous serving of icing on top.

I super duper want to go back to Phnom Penh to satisfy my bloom craving. The alternative is to learn how to make them myself. At least I can say, Red velvet Cupcake... DONE! Just Saying.

My Red Velvet Cupcakes.

And if you haven't read my previous post mentioning bloom which you can read here,
they are a non-profit organization that provides vocational training and employment opportunities for Cambodian Women. You can visit their website here. They are only open Mon-Sat 10:00am-5:00pm so plan your trip to Phnom Penh accordingly.

Bloom Training Center and Cafe
#40, Street 222, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
email: cafe@bloomcreations.org
tel: +855 77 75 75 00

No comments:

Post a Comment