Tuesday, June 5, 2012

London Markets: Camden and Covent Garden

This is my last post on London (for now). I had quite a backlog... and I only get to blog in peace and quiet when Sofia has tired herself enough to sleep.

These are just a few of our pictures that I have not blogged about, along with pictures from our visit to Camden and Covent Garden, two of my favorite markets to visit purely for their atmosphere.

There was an event at the Royal Courts of Justice (which we pass every time we're on the bus).
There were women in period costume in really high stilts.
We were probably also on a bus 23 to Orchard Road.
Our front row seats.
We love sitting on the second floor.
Sofia said Ispy a heart mom. OO nga.
Try to spot it.
Sofia's favorite window shopping store.
Flags all over Orchardr Road for the Queen's Jubilee.

CAMDEN MARKET


Camden has a dark side... and Sofia fully embraced it.
She wanted a picture with all the weird displays.
It's touristy so it has a lot of souvenir stores.
Like mugs for a pound. If it weren't hard to carry home, I'd buy some.
Key chain and Magnets of all kinds.
If you buy it with a box and a cardboard coaster you pay 3x than I did.
The stores here all have great merchandising.
Even the restaurants have the same.
This reminds me of dotonbori in Osaka.
More giant shoes.
They had it on both sides of the street.
My favorite Starbucks in the whole world.
I love drinking my coffee by the river.
Apparently, so does fif.
It has loads of milk I swear.
See? It looks just like the 'Got Milk? ads'
Me and Ma, photo credit: Sofia
Camden Market across the river shot in vivid.
Sofia bought an activity book at the Book Warehouse in Camden to keep her busy.
The bridge shot in vivid.
People were sitting by the river to get some rays.
This was the last day we were in London. The only sunny day.
The food market from the bridge.
Mom, can we swim there?
Uhmmm, I don't think so.
Polish sausages.
They were giving Feta and Spinach crepes to taste.
I had loads of yummy kebabs in my two trips to Pakistan.
I've never seen tapas prepared in batches this big.
They usually serve it in really small portions.
This booth served Kangaroo and Ostrich and was surprisingly busy.
I think Deep Fried Oreos are just too weird.
But then people think I'm weird when I put sea salt on my Ben & Jerry's Caramel  Choo Choo Ice Cream.
A Virgin Pina Colada stall.
You pay more if you want it with an umbrella.
The falafel and humous looked good.
How many color's does Elmo come in?
My mom in the crafts market.
My pretty little girl.
A boat parked by the food market.
More people catching some sun.

The food all looked so good that I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat. I was actually craving for a real Full English Breakfast as I haven't had it in the four weeks I was in London.

Good thing the Elephants Head served breakfast until 5pm.
So what if it's in an English pub that serves Irish Coffee.
Beer taps.
Sofia's fierce pub look.
Hahaha. I also spy a kissing couple in the background.
More fierce looks.
This cool kid celebrated her 4th bday in a BAR in Sao Paolo.
She probably has the coolest mom. (or a psychotic one).
Don't knock it. This pub has fresh flowers.
and We Love Tulips.
Ooooooh, my FULL English Breakfast. Yummmmy.
Ma had fish and chips.
She also hasn't had it in our four week stay.
I shared my food with Fif.

COVENT GARDEN


We made a quick stop in Covent Garden because I love it so... and also because I was hoping to find the guy who was selling the beautiful snakeskin clutches... but he wasn't there so it was not meant to be.

Stealing shots with the street performers because we're too cheap to give them money.
This one a sad looking Mickey in the background.
Maybe he's sad because they converted his trailer in EuroDisney into stroller parking.
This one has Batman...
and I think he is looking at a villain... oh, it's Gammy!
There was also a magician putting on a show.

The snakeskin clutch seller may not have been there, but whenever I see this sign, my hope rises, because they normally have the mobile charms that I love buying. I wrote about them here.
They may beat price on buying...
which meant buyer beware. His cost was high... and he had so many nice pieces.
He was selling them at close to double what I got them for, so another not meant to be.

So this, my friends, ends my tales of London for now. Hope our escapades help you when you find yourselves in that part of the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment