Monday, June 18, 2012

Sofia X Grimace and Saigon Square Shopping

I previously wrote about Hello Kitty X Grimace for McDonald's here. They were very popular in Singapore. 

Ever imagined what happens when you do a Sofia X Grimace experiment? 

Sofia Grimace.
Kitty Grimace.
Scary. They really look similar.

Sofia loved her Purple Hoodie outfit so much she wore it as soon as we got home from buying it from Saigon Square 2. (Very similar to Greenhills shopping, and cleaner than the original Saigon Square near the Ben Thanh Market.) She did a series of jump/ diving on the bed shots in her new outfit.








My  Little Grimace.
The hoodie shirt and matching leggings were only 90,000VND (around SG$5.50 or Php180). Sofia also got a grey top with black leggings in the next size.

I am not judging. I have my own Grimace dress too.
I swear this was a coincidence.
I also bought it from Saigon Square 2.

An interesting discovery was the shoes! There were so many branded shoes that they sell as original. Zara, Mango, Stradivarius, Baratts, Bata, Next, etc. You name it, they had it. Some of them I've seen in the stores in Singapore and I now remember that some of the shoes I've bought from the stores are made in Vietnam. I was so tempted to buy, but the current style is either ballerines or really high platform pumps.

Export Overruns of Branded Shoes.
If you choose something with an international brand,
the asking price is around 900,000VND (before bargaining).
A shoe that looks exactly the same with a local brand is 450,000VND (before bargaining). 
I was able to get my sister 2 dresses tagged Forever 21.
Grey jersey dress 2 for 320,000VND (SG$10 each or Php340).
The blue floral dress was 300,000VND (Arnd SG$18.50 or Php Php650).
Saigon Square 2 is at Ton Duc Thang Street.
It's newer and less crowded that Saigon Square 1.

Don't forget, even when the price sounds reasonable, just bargain... then do the walk away. Chances are you'll get a discount. Just Saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment