Monday, June 25, 2012

Ippudo: The Best Ramen in Singapore

SINGAPORE SERIES

Sometimes you just crave for good ramen. When you're in Japan, it's easy because you can just go down to the 24 hour ramen places even at 3am and you can be sure that the meal you get will just hit the spot. If you're in Singapore, as long as you're willing to queue... you can satisfy your ramen craving at Ippudo Ramen as well. I've been to the place twice, once for a really late dinner at 9pm and a late lunch at 3pm and even at those odd hours, we had to queue, it wasn't too long a wait though.

i love ippudo ramen.
The entrance from the outside.
You line up around the bar so you can get a drink while waiting if you want.
Tim arrived first so he lined up for us.
We made us walk so we were so tired and sticky.
Buti we were next in line na.
Sofia's cheeks get red when it's hot.
Ninong brought out the "let's play while waiting" card.

Ippudo has a nice, cozy and modern glam feel.
There are also bar seats where you can see the ramen made.
I knew it was going to be a carb cheat day so I also ordered the Ippudo Salad.
I think this was around SG$12 (Php400)
It was ok, but there was NO MEAT but it made me feel less guilty I was enjoying the ramen.
I even attempted to dip, not pour the dressing.
Sofia wanted to hold the chopsticks while I took the picture.
Sofia brought her own baon because she doesn't really like this place.
Late lunch/dinner is perfect because I can feed her first.
Our yummy Akamaru Tamago Ramen.
We just ordered the one with the richer broth with additional egg.
SG$16 (Php530) for the Ramen with pork only.
Additional Egg SG$3 (Php100)
Then it looks like this once mixed.
This was my first low-carb serving.
Hahaha, I know, the fatty pork belly mocks my good intentions.
Tim gave me my half of the egg.
A bit runny pa on the inside so it mixes really well with the soup.
Tim was complaining to me that his ramen was more like pasta because we were doing an experiment.

The experiment was all about how to make a bowl of ramen go a long, long way because the other time we were in Ippudo, the Japanese guy in front of us ordered 2-3 noodle refills!!! As in, that would be 3-4 times the normal carbs! So Tim and I jokingly said that the next time we eat in Ippudo, we will just order one bowl of Ramen and have the noodles refilled 5 times. Hahaha.

This was our first noodle refill.
They even ask you if you want your noodles soft, medium or hard.
Extra Noodles SG$2 (Php70) FTW! 
You just need to ration your pork and egg together with the soup. Hahaha.
This was my second low-carb serving, but atleast it's the same fatty pork.
It was at this soup level that we were deciding if we could go for a second noodle refill.
I told Tim I was on a low carb diet anyway so he would eat most of it
so we decided to order popcorn at the movies instead.
This was my last serving of carbs.
We were finally able to enjoy it without rationing the soup.
Ippudo Ramen is at the 4th Floor of Mandarin Gallery, 333 Orchard Road.

Lunch for two, with a salad and a bowl of ramen to share and one noodle refill to share was SG$38 with taxes.


I love Ippudo Ramen. Like Big Mama's Chicken Rice, they're carbs that are worth it! Just Saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment