Monday, June 11, 2012

Genki Sushi Teaser

SINGAPORE SERIES

I tried out Genki Sushi at Orchard Central some time back because I was slowly working my way through all my Orchard Central vouchers. They gave me quite a big stash for my birthday, which was months ago.


1 Tamago Sushi and 1 Lobster Salad Maki coming up!


Genki Sushi was a nice discovery. At first glance it looks like a normal conveyor belt sushi place, but If you look closer, you'll notice that they have several booths for groups and bar stools for individuals. Each table or bar setting has an iPad for you to directly order. The menu is linked to the kitchen and reflects what is out of stock. After you confirm your order a car arrives through the conveyor belt carrying your order and it stops in front of your table. Once you've collected your order, you send the car back to the kitchen by pressing the blinking button.


Hmmm... what to order?


Food delivery is done by car on the train tracks.


I ordered Tamago Sushi (SG$1.80) served on Hello Kitty plates, Lobster Salad Maki served on yellow plates (SG$2.30) and the Japanese Fried Chicken (SG$3.80). Prices indicated are still subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST. You can view your bill on the iPad, it will also tell you the order status including what has already been sent to your table.


I will over this again because I love Tamago... and the Hello Kitty plate.
The lobster salad was good too.
Chicken Karaage is good when you're looking for some meat to much on with the sushi.


I will definitely come back to this place again with Sofia. They have tempura (SG$3.80) on the menu so she will enjoy the food, and she will absolutely love the iPad and the car that will deliver her food. I will probably end up with a big bill because she will want to order again and again.

Just review the bill well when you pay at the till because they charge you based on the plate type and this can get confusing if there are a lot of plates on your table. I only had three plates and they still managed to overcharge me for a gold plate (SG$3.80). Just saying.

Genki Sushi
03-32 Orchard Central
181 Orchard Road
Singapore

all the pictures in this post were taken using my iPod touch and edited through instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment