Sunday, April 6, 2014

Magnum Cafe opens in Manila

There are days when I really, really love working for the company I work for. Like days when you have your very own Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day right in your office.

I first experienced Ben&Jerry's Free Cone Day when I was working for
our Paris office in 2006.
Free Cone Day in Singapore office this year,
which I was able to enjoy a few years ago.
In fact, when I started working in Singapore, it was free
 Ben & Jerry's everyday at the UE Square office.

Since our company doesn't officially distribute Ben & Jerry's here in the Philippines, we don't get Free Cone Day here, but the other day, we got invited to something better.

We were invited to try the Magnum Cafe Manila before it officially opens on 8 April 2014, and we really enjoyed ourselves. I even brought Sofia along, since she's always been a Magnum Monster.

Magnum Cafe is now in Manila!!! 
Outside the Cafe, there are different embellished
Magnums on display.
When you enter, there's a Magnum logo made up
of Magnum Sticks.
The Home Care and Foods CMD Team early birds.
We're also so excited to #avail.
We were starving, so I think our group literally ordered everything on
the menu.
I think the food was just okay. But... the dessert was to die for!!! I wasn't able to take much food shots, because I met Sofia (who wanted to join us so much, I had to ask the other driver to bring her to meet me), and when I got back we already had so much food. We were very lucky because we arrived ahead of the dinner crowd, so the food just kept coming out, we even had time to order more of our favorites.

Here are some of the dishes I would definitely order again:
Bacon Fries (I think!). So good, we ordered seconds.
The chicken poppers was also something we ordered seconds of.
(Sorry, it was gone before I could take any pictures)
I also enjoyed the Steak Salad (sorry, also no picture), and I would order it again.

They have a lot of burgers on the menu, but the one I tried and loved
was the Breakfast Burger. Anything with Egg and Crispy Bacon always
has my vote.
Though I am not a pasta fan, I also enjoyed Magnum Manila's version
of the classic Carbonara. Poached egg + Crispty Bacon FTW!
If you're looking for something healthier, you can order the roast
chicken with creamed spinach and brown rice (I think).
Finally, after trying everything and stuffing ourselves silly, it was time for dessert!!! You have a choice of ordering from the a la carte dessert menu, or making your own Magnum, or if you love Magnum like us, then you'll choose to have both.
From the menu, Sofia ordered the Rainbow Magnum, which comes with
Rainbow Cake. This one was just okay.
Sofia with her Rainbow Magnum
The really good ones, were the ones that came with freshly baked goodies.
Freshly baked Chocolate Chip Chewy Cookie, with two Vanilla
Magnum bars on top.
Freshly baked brownie, with Chocolate Magnum on top.
The desserts were not only really, really good, they were also
"Instagram"-worthy. Hahaha.

Since the group ordered the dessert to share, we definitely had enough space in our tummies to "Make our Own Magnum". 
It's "Make Your Own Magnum" Time!!! 
You can do it in 4 Super Easy Steps:

Step 1:
Step 1: Is Choosing 3 Toppings
Toppings range from Sweet (chocolates etc) and
Savoury (Nuts, Sea Salt, Queso de Bola)
to unconventional like chili flakes.
Then the Magnum Barista mixes your choice of toppings.
Sofia chose double serving of Oreo and Marshmallows.
Step 2:
Step 2 involves choosing if you want a Vanilla or Chocolate Magnum +
choosing if you want Magnum Gold (Salted Caramel), Milk or Dark
Chocolate Coating.
After the Ice Cream Bar is dipped, the Magnum Barista then puts half
the toppings on one side, flips the bar over, then puts half the topping on
the other side.
Sofia chose a Chocolate Magnum Bar with Dark Chocolate Coating.
Step 3:
Choose your Drizzle (Salted Caramel, Milk or Dark Chocolate).
Sofia chose Milk Chocolate drizzle.

Step 4: Take a picture of your creation. Upload and #MagnumManila
Sofia with her Magnum Creation
Seriously, Step 4 is Eat and Enjoy.
If you bring Sofia with you, you can even get some Magnum Kisses!!!
The Magnum Monster was happy, she had one Magnum
for each hand. I just borrowed it for the pic.
Say "Magnum!!!"
Sof was so hyper because she had so much Magnum and there were
so many aunts and uncles to play with her.
We even took the chance to officialize that Sofia and Tito Monch
should be Tita Trish and Tito Mon's Flowergirls :) #stagemom
My favorite Magnum was the bite I bummed from a friend of her
Vanilla Ice Cream, dipped in Magnum Gold with Queso de Bola,
Honeycomb and Chocolate Crispies.
It was so good, I also really wanted to make my own. Except I didn't really want more than a bite or two, so I kept looking for someone to convince to allow me to make a Magnum for them. Jay didn't really fall for it. He just said he was willing to share, so I made one anyway.
My creation was so good:
Vanilla Magnum dipped in Salted Caramel with Queso de Bola,
Gold Nuggets and Honeycomb with Dark Chocolate drizzle.
Jay and I, renewing our peace treaty over Magnum.
My other favorite, which I also convinced other people to share was
the Sea Salt, Chili flakes, Frozen Yogurt Nibs (and bonus Queso de Bola).
For strong flavored ingredients like Sea Salt and Chili flakes, the
Magnum Barista actually asks you how much you want to add.
I ordered mine with Vanilla Ice Cream, dipped in Dark Chocolate,
with Salted Caramel drizzle. This combo is also highly recommended.
We were all so stuffed, there were quite a lot of Half-Eaten Magnums on our
 table. But at least, we know which combinations we want to come back for.
With BB friends after we had our fill of Magnum.
Next time Sage naman!

The best part of the "Make You own Magnum" experience is the price! Do you know that it only costs Php100 to make your own Magnum? It's really something you can do with your friends, or with your kids! Let your creativity run wild. You're not just buying the best Ice Cream, you also get a really fun experience. just saying.

Magnum Manila
Opens April 8, 2014
5/F Sky Park, SM Aura Premier, 
BGC, Taguig

No comments:

Post a Comment