Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Our favorite dishes from Green Pastures

I've been hearing a lot of rave reviews regarding Green Pastures, which opened in ShangriLa Mall's new wing late last year, and I've also been hearing about the long lines, so whenever I found myself in the area for a late lunch, I wanted to give this place a try.

The restaurant is known for serving fresh organic food,
 which is consistent with the open airy feel of the place.
We ordered the Choice of 2 Homemade Cheese
 Ricotta and Stracciatella (Php425 or SG$12) 
While it looked good, I wasn't too impressed. I found the cheese too mild, and the service was horrible, because when we were finally served, the bread was burned! I was quite a stickler for my TRA diet then, so to limit my carbs, I was eating the cheese on apple slices. Yummy. Hahaha...

We also ordered the Autumn Sunrise Salad (Php550 or SG$16) which has
blue cheese, onions, caramelized walnuts, bacon, and other yummy stuff.
The salad is a bit on the pricey side, but it's justified by all the goodies in it. I would love to come back to order it again, if I were a big group as it's best for sharing.
My friends ordered the burger. I remember trying a bite,
and not being too impressed.

My sister and I gave Green Pastures another try recently, since we were in the mall around 3pm, looking for lunch, and there was no line. Since it was just 2 of us, we didn't order the salad because it would be too much for us, with everything else we wanted to order.

To start, I had the Pinoy Egg (Php125 or SG$3.50) which is a half cooked
duck egg wrapped in homemade local sausage supposedly served with
fiddlehead fern salad.
While over-all this was really good. I think they just gave me plain lettuce.
But I find the menu quite pretentious as they don't deliver as promised,
and they don't even inform the customers of changes made.
Ady ordered the Mushroom, Quail Egg with Ricotta Toast (Php210 or SG$6)
This one was also really good. They serve it sliced so it's not messy
for sharing.
Since I needed my protein fix, I ordered the Sloppy Cow (Php495 or SG$14).
it comes with a very tasty homemade oyster jus and a lot of roasted garlic.
They serve it with bulgur, a grain high in fiber and protein, instead of rice.
Since I wasn't exactly sharing, Ady ordered the
solo Al Funghi Pasta (Php355 or SG$10). She didn't really like it that much.
Ady and her mushroom and carbs lunch.

As a whole, I was very satisfied with our choices the second time around. My Green Pasture staples now include the Autumn Sunrise Salad, Pinoy Eggs, Mushroom Ricotta Toast and Sloppy Cow. Though a friend has told me, the greens are so organic, she was once served a worm in her salad, and they weren't even apologetic about it. So eat here at your own risk.

They also serve drip coffee, which I would love to try next time.
We were just too full to try it this time around.

Green Pastures is a restaurant of Chef Robby Goco. The chef behind Cyma, and Ristras (before it got controversial). The great thing about Green Pastures is even if you stuff your face, you can tell yourself at least you ate something that's good for you. just saying.


Green Pastures

4/F Shangri-la Plaza Mall, East Wing, Shaw Blvd

Wack Wack, Mandaluyong

(02) 654-3219

No comments:

Post a Comment