Friday, July 11, 2014

Our favorite 24hr Cheap and Cheerful DimSum Place in Tin Hau

My aunt lives in Tin Hau, so our first meal when we arrived was Yumcha (DimSum) for brunch, just around the corner. I'm not sure if I was just starving, or if the dimsum was really good, but it automatically became my favorite dimsum place for grabbing breakfast!
For our first meal, Jacob ordered 2 sets of all their favorites.
Siomai, Hakaw, Vegetable Dumpling and Beancurd Roll...
and Prawn Chong Fan that was so fresh, it was melt in your mouth!
Enjoying our first meal in Hong Kong
Auntie Stella said their BBQ Pork Pastry was also good, but we were so full, (and we were planning to try out the original Tim Ho Wan in Sham Shui Po) so I decided to just go back for it for breakfast the next day.
This is what the place looks like from the outside.
I'm not sure what it's called. Hahaha.
This is how it looks from the front, where you enter.
Seems like they've been awarded for something, but I haven't been able
to find out more about them online.
For the rest of our days in Hong Kong, we would normally go to McDonald's (across the dimsum place) to buy Sofia a Hotcake Happy Meal for breakfast, then she'd come with me to buy my BBQ Pork Pastry.
McDonald's Selfie and Sofia enjoying her standard breakfast fare.
My turn to buy breakfast.
Unfortunately, the first time I attempted to buy my BBQ Pork Pastry was such a failure!
I wanted this. In fact, I was so busy taking pictures...
I didn't realize the lady gave me BBQ Pork Buns (Asado SioPao) instead
until we were already back at the flat!!! Super FAIL!
That's why the next day, I had to go back again to grab some breakfast because I wanted to make sure this time I got the correct thing!
This time I checked my take away bag before leaving.
Since there was a local Bake Shop a few doors down,
we also stopped to buy some Mango Pancake,
since it was already our last day.
Local Bakeries normally have Mango Pancake that
look like this.
It's actually the Hong Kong Style Mango Crepe, where the crepe is really
thin and it's actually filled with cream and some mango slivers. I just
added cherries and blueberries to up the fruit ratio and make it even better.
So this was my breakfast on our last day.
I can't wait to go back to Hong Kong to have more of this! 
The BBQ Pork Pastry was pretty good for 18HKD (for 3).
Next time I go back to the dimsum place, I am showing them pictures of what I want to order, then I'm going to check my take-out before I leave so my order doesn't get lost in translation again. just saying.


Cheap and Cheerful DimSum Place (not it's real name)
Ngan Mok Street corner Yacht Street, 
Tin Hau
Open 24 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment