Saturday, July 5, 2014

Winner Brunch dishes for less than 100 Pesos at Kanto Freestyle

I love brunch. In fact, it's my favorite meal, especially when there's no pressure to wake up early, and you have the whole day ahead of you to relax.

My own definition of brunch is the first meal you have, no matter what time you wake up (normally late) thus making it a meal that takes the place of Breakfast and Lunch.

So when I heard about this place "Sa Kanto" or literally translated to mean "at the corner", implying that the place is a street-side corner eatery simillar to the hawker places in Singapore, which offers good brunch 24 hours a day at very affordable prices I was immediately intrigued and I wanted to try it. The only catch being that when I found out about it, I was on a strict diet plan that I was trying like hell to comply with (not that I was always successful), and the first Kanto location was quite far from where we lived, thus ruling it out of the places I was willing to drive to during the weekend when I had no driver.

I was quite surprised the other day, when I was googling about it, since I'm no longer strictly following my diet plan, and I found out that since their first branch opened and gained popularity, they have expanded to several more locations, with one in Libis (near Eastwood) very close by, so I was easily able to drag by brother and my sister to try it out for Sunday brunch.

I dragged my brother (who looks thin here) and my sister to brunch
last Sunday.
Surprisingly, this branch was not even a street-side
place, it was fairly big, and even had (stuffy) aircon.

Just like the first Kanto Freestyle Branch, nothing in the menu (except for the Pancake Platter) is over Php100.
Pictures of the original Freestyle Kanto street-side branch decorate the walls.

Since the three of us love Eggs Benedict, we ordered one each.
Kanto Eggs Benedict Php95 (such a steal!!!)
They also have a Spanish Sardines Eggs Ben version which we didn't try.
For Php95 pesos, you get to over-done poached eggs on ham and pan de sal,
with congealed hollandaise sauce and potato wedges.
If you don't mind over-done eggs and congealed sauce, this was really good.

You can order Freestyle Breakfast or Choose You Own Viand, which we did to augment the thin slice of ham that came with our Eggs Ben.
Bacon is Php25 a slice, which is quite tasty, except, they weren't able to serve
 it crispy. This was what we got when we asked for Crispy Tostado Bacon.
The Batangas Beef Tapa (Php70 for 110g) was tender and well marinated.
Two-thumbs up for this one! Plus it goes really well with the eggs ben!

Since everything was so cheap affordable, we wanted to try more things from the menu.
Ady ordered the Chocnut Champorado with Tuyo Flakes Php70.
I found this to be the most ordinary (and not worth ordering).
It may be chocnut crumbled on top, but it doesn't taste any different.
We couldn't leave without ordering a complete meal, so of course we also had to try dessert.
We ordered deep-fried oreos (Php60) and since it was so affordable,
I wasn't expecting them to serve us three.
They also have deep fried Cloud 9 available for Php50.
This dessert is yummy, especially if you eat it, immediately after it's served.

Kanto Freestyle also delivers, which we're reserving for future weekends when we're craving for brunch and we're too lazy to step-out. I enjoyed eating here enough that I would definitely come back, except next time, I am showing them a picture of a well poached egg when I order, so I can tell them that's how I want my Eggs Ben to be served. just saying.


Kanto Freestyle Libis
is located in the complex with Mini-Stop
just before Eastwood
+63 9283594688
+63 9274644038

No comments:

Post a Comment