Monday, February 24, 2014

Celebrating my 35th Birthday

I'm not really secretive about my age. Mainly, it's because I still feel the same as when I was 25, except, I have Sofia now, and pictures show that I was a lot thinner 10 years ago. Funny, how I don't think I've ever felt thin in my life. Hahaha. But I am digressing.

I just want to give thanks for all the greetings and gifts I received. Social media has made it so much easier to keep in touch.

This year, I did something new by attempting to ski and that was loads of fun.

You can read about my birthday weekend in Korea here.

I didn't really wish for anything this year, and in a way, that makes me happy, because it means that I am content and blessed, though I would always be happy if I were given more :)

While last year, I had to face some realities of ageing (first white hair spotted and wearing spanx included), this year was more quiet. I may have stopped ageing. Hahahaha, I am convincing myself that ageing is all in the mind! I've attempted to live a healthier life by going on the TRA (the right approach) diet, and it's not really working out as I'd hoped, but I am sure I eat healthier now.

My 35th year started with me dragging myself to work, half-awake from my Korea birthday trip.

My team surprised me with a birthday breakfast
set up.
License to cheat.
Being half awake, I was so happy to see the
Asian Dolce Latte, my favorite drink!
Thank you girls! :)


Then I was so harassed running to a lunch meeting that I was really surprised to see that the team also prepared lunch.
It's more fun in CMD!
Thank you for the yummy Cebu lechon and Emerald dimsum!

Best Team Ever!


The cheating didn't stop there!
In the afternoon, there was also a delivery of Vigan Empanada and
chilled taho at my desk!
I love working with foodies!

After work, I literally ran to get my nails done (vain much!) before I met my family for my birthday dinner at Hai Chix and Steaks, a hole in the wall place in Ortigas that I really enjoyed when we tried it last time.

Hai Chix and Steaks is at the back of Ortigas Home Depot
in Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas
The set up is a bit weird. You order at the counter, but they serve you,
and they bring you the bill after you eat.
I ordered hummus the last time, but the serving is not even big enough,
for it to get stuck in your teeth, or para matinga ka! hahaha
Their steak was voted by looloo (the food app) as the best for 2013.
It must be all the crispy fat that they throw on top, mamou style.
A Porterhouse is around Php2,500 for 3 pax, but we 2 to share.
Best eaten with the steak rice, but you can ask for fries instead.
Then almost everyone had their own order of Hainanese Chicken Rice.
The Chicken was really good, and meaty, but the black sauce was too sweet.
After dinner, we had the cream puffs that Jem brought.
Perfect size, even when it's not a cheat day!
Sofia was also happy to bring out the cake she chose.
Thank you Red Ribbon for decorating my BIRTDAY cake.
We were playing who has the chubbiest cheeks and chocolatiest teeth
contest.
Before you know it, even Sofia's pants is eating chocolate cake.
Good thing we use Breeze, Tough Stains, Removed in Just 1 Wash!
Thanks Pa for my birthday dinner.

And to cap it all off, my blog gets a new look with  my new logo, and some other things I tinkered with. I can't wait for all the notepads, cards, and stickers that I ordered with my new logo to arrive.


Thank you very much to everyone who made my birthday special! just saying.


Hai Chix & Steaks
Ortigas Home Depot
Dona Julia Vargas Avenue
Ortigas, Pasig City

No comments:

Post a Comment