Tuesday, February 25, 2014

P365 TE Day 56

Pani Puri Balls from India





Travel Bite: I really have an unhealthy obsession with street food, and I must admit even in India, Tim and I were also quite intrigued. I just drew the line at actually trying it because my criteria is - it must pass some sort of health standards, and when we saw the vendor, sticking his thumb in one of the crispy balls before pouring on the sauce, we just decided it didn't pass MY health standards.

However, I was happy that I got to try these delicious Pani (Water) Puri (Bread) at the home of my Pakistani colleagues. His family orders it from someone who makes it from their house so you are assured that it's clean. 

You crack our own Pani Puri Ball - and you put in the tamarind sauce that goes with it. It's really a yummy must try if you manage to find your own supplier that meets your cleanliness standards.

Bonus Tip: If you want to try it in Manila, You can buy some from Incredible India, an Indian Supermarket with branches in UN Avenue and Paseo de Magallanes.

Location: Goa, India
Date Photo Taken: February 2010

P365 TE Points for today: 2 out of 3 (for now)
P365 TE Points from Audience Interaction as of February 24: 55
P365 TE Running Points: 167 out of 168 (as of posting)

You can read the background of Project 365 Travel Edition here.  
Feel free to come back everyday. just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment