Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bear 1 Eat-All-You-Can Yakiniku and Hotpot in Taipei

During my last trip to Taipei, the restaurant that I really wanted to try was Bear 1 Yakiniku, an Eat-All-You-Can (EAYC) Place with both yakiniku (which I love) and hotpot (which I hate but my dad loves) and unlimited Haagen Dazs (which my Sofia and my sister loves).

HOW TO FIND THE PLACE:
Bear1 is located at the heart of XiMenDing area (MRT Exit 6).

If I remember correctly, from MRT Exit 6, head towards XiMenDing (McDonald's).
Just walk down the main road until you hit Uniqlo, then turn left till the end.
You'll see Bear 1 at the second floor of the corner building if you look up.
You need to go around the corner to find the stairs.
Based on their lighted signs, I would guess that if you have a choice, the best time to go is from 11:30am-4:00pm as EAYC is only 399NT (around Php600 or SG$17), I am guessing this is for weekdays. Dinner (or weekends) is 100NT more at 499NT (around Php750 or SG$22). The place gets really full, so it's best to ask your hotel concierge to call and make a reservation for you.

When you arrive, you need to order your meat and seafood.
You just point at what you want on the menu.
You also need to confirm if you're just ordering from the basic assortment.
Or if you want to add an extra 100NT per person for more
premium items in addition to what's available for all.
We went with the basic menu and we were happy enough with our certified Angus Beef. We requested for both the grill and the hotpot.
The have free flowing drinks, from juices, soda, tea, and local bear.
The also have Haagen Dazs, Meiji, and Movenpick. Sofia had 4 servings!
There is also condiments to make your own sauce,
and some cold items in addition to the veggies (not pictured).
They also have a chiller of cut fruit, and cold jello type desserts.
The fruit even comes with the kiamoy powder popular in Thailand.
To start, I just had some Pineapple with powder,
and some greens to eat with the meat.
We ordered an assortment of the beef.
I personally really enjoyed the yakiniku.
While my dad and aunt really enjoyed and had numerous hotpot refills.
The pork was so good, but I removed more than half
because sadly, I now avoid the fat.
This was the best cut of Angus Beef. We ordered seconds.
The tea came in handy after the really filling meal.
I loved the red fruits the best.
With happy tummys.
This is what the place looks like.
It's very busy, probably since it offers great value for money.
I wish they would come up with a similar concept in the Philippines. However, if it's just Hot Pot that you're looking for, you can give Huat Pot, in Wilson a try. It's all yummy Hot Pot goodness, with ingredients fresh from Taiwan, served together with unlimited Loba Rice. Yummy. You can read my post on Huat Pot here.

Bear 1 will always be on my Must Eat List everytime I find myself in Taipei. just saying.


You can visit the wesbite of Bear1 Yakiniku here.

No comments:

Post a Comment