Monday, March 24, 2014

Sofia's Sort of Moving Up Day

Sofia started going to big school last year, and because K-12 is now the thing followed by schools, the Pre-Kinder and Kinder students had their Culminating Activity a few weeks ago. It's sort of like moving up day, because my friends who were parents ahead of me told me that they no longer have this when your kid gets to Grade 1.

Similar to Pre-School, I just got a circular a few weeks back telling me that I'd need to pay for my daughter's costume, and that the Culminating Program would be held on March 12. I was quite surprised that school ended so early, but I'm not complaining since I no longer have to wake up early to bring Sofia to school. 

The kids have been busy practicing for their program last few weeks of class, after the last Mastery test.

Sofia was a Green Bird.
We arrived a little late, but we were early enough for Sofia to join her
classmates in the classroom before the program.
I took some pictures as they were getting the kids organized at the DTH.
The costumes are quite cute. Especially when you see the birds all together.

In general, the costumes were all cute and well-made, and the program was short enough so the parents and kids don't get bored.
The theme of the program was Praising God through His Creations.
This class was either the wind or the sky or something like that.
There was a class of flowers.
Sun and Moon
Fish
The birds. Can you spot Sofia?
Shots of Sofia dancing
Viele's Class were Jungle Animals
Then there was also a Chinese Dance Number.

Then all the kids got together on stage.
If you can't see Sofia, she's here! Where's Wally ang peg.

After the program, the kids went back to their classrooms, so they could get orderly picked-up.
Sofia, her teachers, and some of her classmates.
She even crashed the picture taking of Viele and her friends.
Sofia and her best friend Viele
I'm so proud of you, little bird!

1 year down. 12 more to go. Then college. Then I can retire. Oh no, parang that's so long.  just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment