Monday, March 3, 2014

Trick Eye Museum Seoul

I could climb up the walls with boredom. 

Literally!!!
While doing a bridge.
And even while carrying Fif.

...but that's only possible with our special powers, or at the Trick Eye Museum!


When I saw pictures of my friends from the trick eye museum, I knew that I wanted to take Sofia there when we went to Korea. When our parents joined us for the trip, I dragged everyone because this is something right up my dad's alley. (He and Sofia share the same sense of humor.)

The Trick Eye Museum is located in Hongdae in the Hongik University Area. The map provided in their website is pretty easy to follow.
If you plan on going to the museum, you should download the discount voucher here. So you can enter the museum for 12,000won (SG$14 or Php500) instead of 15,000won.

We just followed the directions on the map, which brought us to this building. 
I didn't realize there's a Trick Eye Museum, Ice Museum and a Love Museum,
all in the same building.

The Trick Eye Museum entrance ticket, also includes entry to the Ice Museum. We enjoyed the museum a lot because each installation has sample pictures on how you should pose, as well as arrows on where you should stand to take the best shots.

Here are some of my favorite ones:
Our version of Escaping Criticism
Some are just weird because we didn't follow instructions.
Boating boating lang #pagmaytime
Le Carousel 
A version of Edvard Munch's Scream
He was screaming because his pants were pulled down.
Cheating at cards
Catching some gold!
Ticking some strangers butt, while Sofia caught the apple.
Drinking fountain.

Mona Lisa high on helium.
Unpredictable British weather!
Magnanakaw!!! (Thief!!!)
No Smoking
Sunday at the Park with George Seurat
Sofia caught a pig!
Flower child!
Sweet dreams everyone!
Hold on my little panda!
Sushi, Anyone?
My favorite Wicked Series: 
Where are you taking my head, little girl???
Oh no!!! Don't get eaten by the sea monster!!!
Beware of the Dinosaurs!!!
Hold tight!
If biking is the transportation in heaven,
I am so dead!
Hello Venezia!
My parents are weird.
The best way to see the pyramids, are on a camel.
Retail Therapy Time.
Sof, what are you taking a picture of?
Breaking News, Sofia and Obama decide to suspend classes for
National Play Day.
You need to pass a mirror maze to exit.


If you're too cheap to pay for the entrance fee to the museum, but you're in the area anyway, you can still come and score some pretty awesome pictures from the part outer part of the museum.

Tea, Anyone?
Or Coffee?
Hello, Santorini!

Ooops! I think we all forgot something!

We weren't really planning to enter the Ice Museum, but since entrance was free, we decided to go for a quick look.
We needed our winter clothes for this museum.
So this is what it feels like to live in an igloo.
Riding an Ice Sled.
Papa was hurrying us up because it was cold, till he saw the ice car.
It was too cold for the dog or Sofia to enter the dog house.
The couch is the perfect place to watch TV, unless you slip off.
I bet the bed isn't much better.
Anyone want some fruit while watching Oprah?
Ma and Pa in the kitchen.
Papa just had to go before leaving...
I went to the Toilet too, but the crazy paparazzi followed me!
The Trick Eye Museum (& Ice Museum) was so much fun! 
If you enjoyed it as much as we did, ticket holders get a coupon
to enter the Love Museum for only 1,000won!

This museum was worth visiting. Too bad, I don't remember seeing the shop, it's my favorite part of any museum. just saying.


Trick Eye Museum
B2 Seogyo Plaza 
357-1 Seogyo-dong 
Mapo-gu, Seoul

1 comment: