Thursday, March 13, 2014

Legoland Revisited: Perks of having an Annual Pass

Last year, we went to Legoland Malaysia a lot because I wanted to get a good ROI on the Annual Passes that I impulse purchased right after we went to Legoland Windsor seeing how much Sofia loved it. I did the math, and with 2 visits you already get your money's worth, so we went once towards the end of 2012, then we planned to go back last year.

The timing was quite good because we planned to go back in October last year, and it just so happened that the Legoland Waterpark just opened by then. Given our propensity to not plan, and wake up quite late, we just made the impromptu decision to sleepover in Johor Bahru so we could do both parks over the two days that we were there.

We did the normal take the bus from Queen St. routine.
We've done it so often, so it wasn't really an inconvenience.
You can read my tips on getting from Singapore to Johor Bahru for JPO and Legoland here and my newer post on how to get to Puteri Harbor for Hello Kitty Town and Little Big Club here.


Legoland Visit Number 2
The biggest advantage of an Annual Pass - is that you can come and go
if the weather is bad. It normally rains in the afternoon.
We initially planned to go to Legoland Waterpark first, but when we were told that the weather forecast was rain, the lady discouraged us from going - as the park closes if the rains are strong and no refunds are given. So we decided to go to Legoland instead, and just maximize the day till it rained. In hindsight, we could have gone to Legoland since it didn't really rain.

Hello Lego Friends!
Sofia did all her favorites:
Nissan Driving School
She's now old enough to do the bigger kids version.
I don't think we were able to do the Boating School before, because the
lines were always long, so it was a good thing we were able to do this.
We also rode the train, so we would get an idea of what we wanted
to do next.
However, before we knew it, it was already closing time at the park. I think they close at 6:00pm, so we really had to come back the next day, to do the rest of Sofia's favorites.

The good thing is, it's now so easy to get around because there are a lot of
 cabs available to take you around, or the visitor center can call one for you.

We stayed overnight at KSL Resort Hotel in downtown Johor Bahru. It's around a 30-minute cab ride from Legoland, but it's situated in a shopping mall, and they also have a swimming pool and Dinosaur Waterpark where guests are allowed to enter for free.  We didn't really get to try it out because we wanted to maximize our second day in Legoland, and the Outlet Shops.
The room is clean and big enough for 4 of us.

The next day, we just took a cab again, to take us back to Legoland. We went to Legoland Waterpark first, where we got rained out, the good thing is we were wet anyway, so it still worked out.
You can read my post on Legoland Waterpark here.


Legoland Visit Number 3
I actually sprained my ankle at the Waterpark but nothing could stop us from making the most of our Annual Pass, so I just managed to hobble along while Tim ran around with Sofia.
My first buy of the day was Legoland umbrellas since not only were they
on sale, there was a special offer to Buy 2 and Get 1 Free!
We always pass by Miniland, and our favorite parts are always KL and SG.
Sofia was finally able to go on her favorite Pulley Duplo Ride. 
She also loves the horse.
Before we knew it, it was time to go home. We thought this was it for
our Annual Pass. We were happy enough with our 3 umbrellas!


Legoland Visit Number 3
Then, because of a twist of fate, I got invited to visit Hello Kitty Town and The Little Big Club just 2 weeks after we were there. Since Puteri Harbor is just 5 minutes away, and our Annual Passes were still valid, I decided to fly back to Singapore so we could do the blogger event, and squeeze in ANOTHER visit to Legoland if we had time. You can read my post on Hello Kitty Town here and on The Little Big Club here

It's easier to take the bus from Puteri Harbor if the timing is right.
Since this was so unplanned, we couldn't quite believe we managed
to come back to Legoland a fourth time (in a year)!!!
Or a third time in two weeks! Hahaha.
Our welcoming committee!
Of course we had to do the usual Miniland SG pics and selfies.
We even remembered to bring Sofia's Driver's License.
This time, Sofia and Ninong went around while I waited for them at the Coffee Shop because I was feeling under the weather.
I just joined them to take Her Royal Highness picture ordering her
Ninong around.
Sof played at her favorite game booth where you
Win a Prize Every Time!
You just catch the dragons, then they total your score based on what's
written under the base. Sofia won enough points for the small frog.
Which the wood cutter almost killed.
Sof also got a chance to run around the playground again.
Before leaving, we had to take good bye pictures with our favorite sleeping
grandpa, who wears black socks with a hole with his brown sandals.
just saying. Hahaha. I am not judging grandpa!
And the usual picture with the toilet guy!
Thank you so much Legoland Malaysia!!! We enjoyed the great year when we had our Annual Passes.
I have the cutest photo bombers in this picture.
Tim said he could actually hear the soundtrack of the graduation
march as we were existing Legoland that last time. Hahaha.

Now, Sofia is trying to convince me that I have to take her again. If I give in, I hope I don't get tempted to buy another Annual Pass. I am sure I will challenge myself to make sure that I get a better ROI the next time around so we'll need to do more than 4 visits. just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment