Sunday, January 18, 2015

Holybelly Cafe

Ady and I have already started planning for our London-Lyon-Paris trip in February, since the most important detail for us is normally where to eat.

The last time I was in Paris, I really wanted to try the much talked about Holybelly Cafe, a popular brunch place in the 10th Arrondissement. They are famous for good food and good coffee, something you come to expect in Paris, but what's different is, this place is run by an Australian couple, so you get a different vibe, but a vibe good enough for you to visit in Paris while you take a break from all things Parisian.

Get ready to queue. They don't take reservations, but a perk of travelling
alone is you easily get seated.
I think this is the only chalkboard sign in Paris that's not in French.
Upon entering you have the coffee counter on your right,
then several booths to your left.
This place serves really good coffee.
They change their menu monthly, depending on what's
in season.
Unfortunately, the one and last time I was there was in April last year.
They also tell you from where the food is sourced, and it's mostly local.
You can play also Monster Bash, which is placed in a corner, and if you
beat the high score, you get a beer on the house!

When I was there, the special was the Pancake Fried Egg and Bacon Tower (I'm not really sure what they called this dish, but I have enough pictures to make you drool). It was so yummy!!!
Perfect blend of sweet and savoury and clearly a winner if you love
bacon and eggs. (who doesn't???)
It also went really well with my cappuccino.

The only downside to eating alone, is you don't get to order several dishes when you have no one to share it with, but I guess, getting seated immediately trumps the need for company, since you have the option of over-ordering anyway. Hahaha.

Pricing is quite reasonable.
On my way back to take the tube, I saw the Tuck Shop which also looked like
a nice cozy cafe. I was just thinking to myself, they probably got some business
from Holybelly.

I was telling myself, I would be willing to try the Tuck Shop the next time I was in the area if I didn't want to wait long for a table from Holybelly, but when I checked for reviews online, I discovered that this place has already closed. So arrive early, or arrive alone, or be prepared to wait. The brunch is worth it anyway. just saying.


Holybelly Cafe
19 rue Lucien Sampaix
75010 Paris
Weekdays : 9am to 6pm, kitchen closes at 3pm
Weekends : 10am to 6pm, kitchen closes at 4pm
Closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment