Thursday, January 29, 2015

Cello's Alphabet Doughnuts and Gino's Burratta

One gift that the recent diets I've tried have given me was my love of carbs back. I may be loving it too much, so the weight loss part I didn't really get, but I now have a belief that if I eat it in moderation, it's ok. So now, Gino's is back as an option for Sunday lunch with the siblings.

I really love their Salted Egg Pasta
Look at those chunks of bacon and salted egg.
Even the Salad with Burrata is something I really crave for. 
Who can say no to all that yummy Mozzarella.
Though I'm not really a fan of their Pizza
Gino's started in Katipunan, owned by the same owner as Cello's doughnuts,
so if the place is full, you can even sit at Cello's.
They have a nice cozy place. Look at that chalkboard art.
I didn't realize that they were famous for their letter doughnuts,
which I only saw when we had to sit here because Gino's was full.
You need to order the letter doughnuts at least 3 hours in advance, but they only cost Php35 a letter, so I couldn't wait to eat in the area again so I can order SOFIA doughnuts for Fi.
Their Creme Brulee donut and coffee is also really good.
Perfectly burned sugar crust, and oozing with custard.

Last New Year's Eve, we decided to try Shrimp Bucket in UP Town Center. You can read about it here. Since it was on the way, I called and ordered doughnuts for Sofia before hand.
SOFIA in Oreo, Chocolate, Cheese, Peanut Butter and Cinnamon flavors.
I couldn't resist, so I also ordered assorted Happy Birthday
doughnuts to bring to Auntie Rusty's birthday dinner.
Sofia loved her doughnuts which she ate for New Year's Day.

Since we were in the area again for Sofia's Sip and Gogh painting class which you can read about here, I asked her if she wanted me to order her SOFIA doughnuts again, which she was very excited to do. When I asked her what her favorite flavors were, she named Cheese, Oreo and Chocolate, but since I told her to choose the two flavors she wanted to order 2 of, she couldn't decide because she wanted 2 of everything, so she asked me if we could order NICOLE instead.

I really can't say no to smart reasoning, so NICOLE it is.
2 doughnuts each of Oreo, Cheese and Chocolate.
Selfie with my smartypants little girl.

Ordering Cello's alphabet doughnuts is easy as ABC - pun intended. Just call them 3 hours before you want to pick them up. I think it's now one of our rituals to do it when we plan to eat in the area, but I think Sofia will keep on insisting on getting NICOLE doughnuts. just saying.


Cello's Doughnuts
Katipunan Avenue, 
Quezon City, Metro Manila

Gino's Brick Oven Pizza
Katipunan Avenue, 
Quezon City, Metro Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment