Monday, January 19, 2015

MT Reunion at Sarsa

I've worked at my current employer for 13 and a half years now, I'm not that old... It's my first job. I guess I've never seriously considered moving, because aside from the lack of really attractive offers, the people I work with are so much fun, they're like family. In fact, even if some of them have moved jobs, whenever we see each other, it still feels like nothing has changed.

We don't really get to see each other that often, especially since most of us have our own families and kids (or dogs) now, so I'm really glad we finally saw each other last Tuesday. (Thanks for the holiday, Pope Francis!)

The Modern Trade gang and friends, circa 2004ish, at Sarsa in BDG.
Spot the Difference. No fat zone for me and Dan.

Since, I can't do a blog post without talking about what we ate, here's my two cents worth.

The only thing I'd recommend from everything I tried, was the Sizzling Kansi-
or Sizzling Bulalo (sisig style) Php350, and I'm not even a bone marrow fan.
Photo by Janie
We also tried the Chicken Sisig, and it was nothing special.

The Thin Cut Liempo (Php225) was also quite tasty, but then,
how can you get Inihaw na Baboy (grilled pork) wrong?
The Chicken Inasal (Paa Php165 and Pecho Php165) was also ordinary
and a bit on the dry side, according to my friends who ordered it.
However, the Bugtaw-Bugtaw Gising Gising - was not good at all.
It was just tasteless beans cooked in coconut. Totally disappointing if you;'re
expecting something similar to the Gising Gising of Recipes or Abe.

I guess you could say that I had the same verdict for dessert.
We had Banana Tsokolate Turon (Php80) which wasn't extraordinary, in fact,
if I didn't look up their menu online, I wouldn't even know the sauce was tsokolate.
We also ordered the leche flan to share, not realizing it was tiny. I'm not sure
how much it was, but while the lime flavor was good, it wasn't creamy at all.

We don't get to see Ana and her boys (yes, the big and small ones) a lot, so we were really glad to see them. Hope we get to do this more often, especially when we start working closer together (*wink wink).
\

Except for the Sizzling Kansi - Bulalo Sisig, I don't really see myself coming back for anything here, You'd spend roughly around Php500 per head. But while the food was mediocre at best, the company more than made up for it.

We'll be sad to see Janie go at the end of the month, but I'm personally excited because I am already planning to visit her in Norway next year! (and that's only because I've already maxed out my leaves with my planned trips this year). just saying.


Sarsa Kitchen + Bar
Unit 1-7 Forum South Global, 
Federacion Dr cor 7th Ave
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
(0927) 706-0773

No comments:

Post a Comment