Sunday, October 4, 2015

Malaysia Food and Jewellery Shopping Highlights

I've recently visited Kuala Lumpur for work, and I've decided that I needed a specific post on that because I had more fun that I expected.

Let's face it, not all countries are created equal, so I can't help but have favorites. KL is one of the cities I have only been to for work, and I only wanted to go back to for work. A big factor for me, which determines whether or not I like a city, is the food and the shopping. 

The last time I was in KL, it was just a choice of Fried Rice or Fried Noodles or Noodles with Soup for almost every single meal that I didn't opt to eat McDonald's. Of course, I exaggerate, but you get the point.

It was such a different experience this time around when I visited. All my meals were good, and shopping was really good too! I had to ask myself if I visited the same city.

The first store I saw when I got off the plane, at KLIA
was Zam Gems! Hello, favorite store in Sri Lanka!!!

Note to self, arrive early at the airport on the way back.

Now, food-wise, our local colleagues took us to a late lunch on the way to a trade visit after our morning meeting in the office. We ate at Penang One. I am not sure if we were just starving, but everything tasted so good to me! Jul was so funny, she even told me that this was just ordinary food. I can't wait to try the good stuff if that's the case.

My favorite Char Kway Teow
Rice Dumplings which is like Machang (Pork Included) but better,
because there is a whole salted egg yolk in the center!
This is the bomb!
Then we had some curry noodle soup, also good.
The yam cake was good too.

For dinner that night, we met up with my friend Mau, and all my other friends who just recently moved to KL. We had dinner at The Daily Grind, a burger place in Bangsar Village.
We had Zucchini Fries
I ordered the Foie Gras burger, of course!
You really can't go wrong with Foie Gras, but I shared and only ate half.
Karl ordered the coffee-rubbed steak.
Thanks Cait for our photo.


Now, the real highlight of my trip, was really the Jewellery shopping at KLIA. Just keep in mind that the Malaysian Ringgit to Philippine Peso conversion has devaluated close to 20% since the start of the year! That's automatically a 20% discount. Then when I was there, the stores - selling with Malaysian Ringgit pricing were all on sale too! That's practically a double promotion!

Right beside Zam Gems, was Habib, a jewellery store whose promotion
was an illusion diamond 3-piece set (earrings, pendant/necklace, ring) for
virtually a steal! It was so cheap I even called my sister to ask if she wanted.
Then I moved on to Zam Gems. Look at those rocks. Drool.
Since I can't afford the big rocks, not to mention figure out how to use it,
I just brought out the photos of rings I wanted to have made, and showed
it to the guy, so he could bring out what I wanted.
After much choosing and weighing, I ended up with this stash.


Now, I can't wait to visit KL for work again. What a difference good food and jewellery makes. just saying.


Penang One
Jalan Puteri 2/6, 
Bandar Puteri, 
47100 Puchong, 
Selangor, Malaysia


The Daily Grind
1, Jalan Telawi 1, 
Bangsar Baru, 
59100 Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Post a Comment