Friday, October 16, 2015

New Ubin Seafood is ironically one of the best Steak and Foie Gras places I've tried in Singapore

One of the things I like about flying with Singapore Airlines, aside from the service that they are known for, is they still have magazines available for passengers to read while flying. I am not referring to SilverKris, the official travel magazine of Singapore Airlines, but real magazines available in the magazine rack normally near the toilets. This is where I update myself on Simply Her, Her World, Reader's Digest, Time Out, etc on all the magazines I used to read when I lived in Singapore. I find that it's a good way to discover new places to try.

Sure enough, on one of my last flights to Singapore, I came across an article in Time Out on a place with really great Steak and Foie Gras, which ironically is a Seafood Place, New Ubin Seafood, in an industrial area near Maymount MRT. I was so intrigued, I immediately convinced Tim we had to try it.

I arrived quite late from my meeting in KL, so I went directly from the airport. Tim called ahead to make reservations and pre-order the foie gras for me. You need to pre-order to make sure they have it when you plan to go, because clearly foie gras is a fast selling item in a seafood restaurant. Go figure.

The place is a bit in the middle of nowhere, but there's a big billboard
to show you the way.
The place is open air, so bring a fan if you're not used to the humid
Singapore weather.
Half of the recommendations are meat! Hahaha.
There were two versions of foie gras, Satay and with
Poached Egg, so we ordered both to try.
The US Black Angus Rib Eye Steak comes with onions, wedges...
SG$12/100g (cuts come in 500-700gms)
and rice that was cooked in the beef fat! Yummy.
We ordered the steak medium well and it was cooked just right.
Mom talking to Sof and Ninong Tim on his telecon.
This is what I call a good dinner.
Steak + Steak Rice + Foie Gras 2 ways
Foie Gras Satay SG$7/stick (minimum order 2 sticks)
Goes so well when eaten with the steak, yeah, and the
steak rice too.
The Foie Gras Egg Cup Special (with Truffle Salt) SG$9 was also good,
but I think it's better eaten as a starter.

New Ubin had a promo too, just like their page on Facebook, and your
lime juice is free! Each person with a Facebook account can avail. Hahaha.
We did! Thanks New Ubin!
New Ubin Seafood is definitely more than just Seafood.
place. Next time I come back, I should figure
out what Ang Ka Hei is since I love everything Salted Egg too. 

Fat Cow used to be my favorite Steak and Foie Gras place in Singapore, you can read about that place here. I think New Ubin can give them a run for their money, minus the ambiance of course. just saying.


New Ubin Seafood
Block 27 Sin Ming Road, 
Sin Ming Industrial Estate Sector A #01-174, 
Singapore 575680
Phone:+65 6466 9558
Hours: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm, 5:30 – 10:30 pm
Notes: Call to pre-order Foie Gras

No comments:

Post a Comment