Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Discount Clothing from SYMPA stores in Paris

Paris is the fashion capital of the world. However, not everyone who lives in Paris can afford Louboutins and the Lanvin clothes to go with their red-soled shoes. While there are more affordable French brands, you may be wondering where the locals go to snag a bargain - when retail prices in the stores are very expensive (even for the more affordable brands) and Soldes (or Sale) normally only happens in January and July!

When I lived in Paris 8 years ago, I stumbled on where the locals shop. Montmarte is one of my favorite areas, so I always used to take the tube to Anvers, then I'd walk up the hill to Sacre Couer.

Since I normally get distracted by sale signs, and people happily digging through sale piles, I realized that the SYMPA stores lining the way, were discount clothing stores.

This is the intersection right in front of the Anvers Metro.
You can already see the SYMPA store on your left.
If you go straight up, you'll reach Sacre Couer.
Closer look at the SYMPA store in the corner.
If you enter the store, you'll see well marked piles of clothes with the brand and the price.
On Parle De Vous Discounted Tops
There is no way, you'll be able to buy the blouse at the same price
in the On Parle de Vous boutique.
They have Sinequanone (behind) and American Brands like Ralph Lauren.

There are a lot of SYMPA stores beside each other. If walk up towards Sacre Couer, you'll find them on your left.
Grandes Marques just means branded stuff.
I used to buy a lot of Kookai branded stuff in piles
similar to this when I lived in Paris, for just 2 euros.
They also have clothes for guys.
Just out of curiosity, I checked out Yves Dorsey website and sure enough,
the SYMPA prices are really a steal.

You can also find more SYMPA branches along Boulevard de Rochechouart, which just means that you walk to your right (away from the SYMPA store in the corner), instead of walking up to Sacre Couer.
This is one of the branches on Blvd de Rochechouart.

Just a word of caution, keep your valuables near you at all times. This is a very dangerous area with a lot of pick pockets because there are also a lot of tourists. In fact, when I was there, I could see and hear guys selling used phones to passersby which means they probably just pick-pocketed it from some innocent person passing by.

Since we're on the topic of hidden shopping areas, I will also add another tip.
The best Ice Cream in Paris for me, is the one sold by
the guy standing in this cafe corner (across SYMPA).
It's a soft serve cone that's half Vanilla, and half strawberry sorbet.
Really yummy. It's been my favorite ice cream place since my first visit in 2000!
I think I may be outgrowing my sucker for a sale tendencies though. I actually found several good buys for myself and for Sofia, but I decided to return them because I didn't want to carry them home. I guess, I can only start looking for bargains here when I live in Paris again so bringing them home won't be an issue. just saying.

1 comment:

  1. You are best listing knowledge provide at this blog. I am very excited read this posting. exclusive store | shop online mens clothes

    ReplyDelete