Sunday, May 4, 2014

Shuin Smoked Chicken Food House has really good Pork Chop Rice

We discovered a new Taiwanese Comfort Food Place that newly opened in San Juan, at the suggestion of my friend Jay, when we were doing trade visits for work last Friday, when most of the younger population in Manila was on vacation.

Shuin claims their specialty to me their Smoked Chicken
Smoked Chicken and Smoked Duck Specialties
JV ordered the Roast Assortment with Smoked Chicked, Smoked
Duck and Pork Asado with a side of Taiwanese Sausage,
Tofu Skin and Seaweed.
However, we found the roasts to be just ordinary. Still ok, but nothing exceptional.

I ordered the Pork Chop Rice set with soy egg and vegetables.
I really enjoyed the Pork Chop rice meal. It’s better than Tasty Dumplings! It tastes like the Pork version of the Serenitea or Chatime Chicken Chops, served with 2 side dishes. I am sure Sofia will enjoy this.

Side Dish Selection
You go to the counter to pick out the side dishes you want. You can also order extra side dishes for Php25.
Everything is so affordable!
They also have a soup selection which I'd like to try,
after the heat of summer is over.

While the food can definitely be categorized as Taiwanese Comfort Food, this place offers value for money. A Pork Chop dish with side dishes is only Php150!

They also have a selection of frozen yogurt bars or sandwiches for dessert. 
We tried the Berry Velvet Yogurt Sandwich, a bit on the sweet side,
but a bite is a good way to end the meal. But I think they had logistics
issues and this melted in transit and was just re-frozen.

I would definitely come back to this place for a late Sunday lunch, or it we were in the area, in fact I am now dragging my siblings there for lunch because I am craving for more Pork Chop Rice. iust saying.


Shuin Smoked Chicken Food House
Unit C, Ground Floor G&L Building, 
J. Abad Santos Corner V. Cruz Street 
Little Baguio, San Juan City
(if you're familiar with the area, it's right beside Serenitea)

No comments:

Post a Comment