Friday, May 23, 2014

Gino's Brick Oven Pizza

Before Gino's expanded, we tried Gino's Brick-Oven Pizza in Katipunan, because Pami, my sister's best friend who took good care of me in Australia, was in town a few weeks ago asked if we wanted to try it when we met to catch up. This was a few years back, and I just found this post in my draft inbox.

I'm not really fond of Pizza and Pasta places, so I arrived with an open mind and no expectations, but we left pleasantly surprised with some of the dishes we tried.

We ordered the Kesong Puti (literally translates to White Cheese) Starter.
The cheese is homemade and really good.

The pizzas are okay, but they're not something I would crave for.

The Buffalo Chicken (Php395 or SG$12) with tomato, buffalo chicken,
mozza and blue cheese, tastes better than it looks.
The Bianca Verde (Php335 or SG$10) with Kesong puti, garlic, Parmesan,
ricotta, arugula, and basil, is just too much like the starter.
Their secret ingredient lies in the sauce.
The ordinary pizza transforms into something really good,
when you it eat with the Hot (spicy) Honey Sauce!
I first tried Honey served with Pizza at an Italian Place in Japan,
but they honey they served there didn't have any kick!
It's so much better when the honey is infused with chili!

But even more surprising to me, was my favorite dish for the night.

We ordered Salted Egg Bacon (Php200 or SG$6)
Fettuccine with bacon, cream, salted egg, and Parmesan.
The pasta tastes like it's homemade, and the salted egg provides a
rough but tasty texture to the dish.
I normally shy away from pasta because I don't find it gratifying enough to be worth it's damage in carbs, but this dish, I was ready to make an exception for. I even finished the serving of shame left on table. Hahaha. 

I don't think I'll ever crave for Gino's Brick Over Pizzas, but I definitely will be craving for the hot honey sauce (and fine... a pizza to go with it!) and the Salted Egg Pasta... on one of my carb cheat days. just saying.

Gino's Brick Over Pizza
2/F K2 Building 
341 Katipunan Avenue
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
+63 2 381 39 63

No comments:

Post a Comment