Monday, May 26, 2014

Tim Ho Wan now open in Manila

Tim Ho Wan, the popular dimsum place in Hong Kong, known for it's BBQ Pork Buns and for the affordable Michelin star experience has finally opened in Manila. It's been open for less than a week, so expect long lines during meal times, but I've heard that the line during off hours are manageable. 

Tim Ho Wan opened a few days ago in Megamall's
Fashion Mall, the new wing in Building B.
Best not to come during meal times as the lines are long.
We sent someone to line up for us, so even if we were first,
we needed to wait for tables to be available since there were 8 of us.
This is the placemat is also the menu.
We planned what we wanted to order while we were waiting.
We were strategically able to work in lunch at TimHoWan
in between trade visits.
I wanted some congee because I love everything with salted egg.
This has both Century and Salted Eggs plus some pork bits.
The fried dumpling with Wasabi was good. Not too oily, with a kick.
I will definitely come back for the dimsum. It's good, just like Tim Ho Wan in Singapore. (My memories of Hong Kong were more of the BBQ Pork Buns).
Hakaw
Spinach Shrimp Dumplings
And my favorite Carrot Cake. Super Yummy.
Spare Ribs

Since we came for the BBQ Pork Buns, we ordered 6 orders to be shared by 8 of us.
Nothing beats Freshly Baked BBQ Pork Buns
I love how soft the bread is on top, while the bottom remains crisp.
This is the inside of the BBQ Pork Bun

If you're asking how it fares compared to Hong Kong or Singapore, I will let you be the judge based on the pictures.
SG vs. HK
Personally, I remember the BBQ Pork Buns to be the best from Hong Kong. But if you eat the BBQ Pork Buns at the restaurant, when it's piping hot, I think the difference is minimal, and they are all very good. I don't know if it's just me, but I think the buns from SG and HK were also meatier, but that may just be the pictures.

For dessert, we had the Mango Pomelo with mini sago (tapioca).
It was very refreshing.
It's nice that we no longer have to go to Hong Kong or Singapore to satisfty our Tim Ho Wan craving. So when we go to those places, we can focus on our other favorite things to eat.  just saying.


Tim Ho Wan
UG/F SM Megamall, Julia Vargas St
Wack Wack, Mandaluyong

1 comment: