Saturday, June 14, 2014

This blogger is going back to... Paris!!!

I am going back to Paris... for a few days at least, to celebrate my next birthday. I am so excited. It always feels like coming home, even if I only manage to stay a few days every year.

Here are a few photos I took during my last trip, when I wanted pictures to go with my blog logo.

Le Tour Eiffel on a Cloudy (drizzling) Day
My shawl-slash-picnic mat- photography set.

The best friend of a solo traveller is a Tripod!
Here are the pictures from my self-pictorial I liked (after 30 or so tries). No judgement please... that's just 3 sets of 10 pictures on self-timer. But it's really the photo-bombers that stand in the way of perfection. Hahahaha. #feelingeramuch.

It was a bit less bit less busy after I was done
since it was drizzling more.

Since it was quite cold, because I wanted to pose for the pictures in my red shirt (with no coat) and it was drizzling to boot (epitome of tiis ganda), I decided to grab a coffee to warm myself while killing time before it was time for my dinner reservation at Au Petit Sud Ouest for Foie Gras nearby.

You pay for the real estate.
The coffee comes free with the chair.
6.40 Euros for the Cappuccino. It wasn't even that good.

Paris is so expensive, so I only visit a few days each year. But maybe when I have my own flat, I can afford to stay longer since lodgings will be free. I've been dreaming of buying a flat in Paris, and perhaps renting it out the other 51 weeks I am not there. In fact, a hobby of mine which I indulge in a few weeks before flying to Paris is looking through Apartments for Sale on line to see what I can afford to buy.

I can afford something like this.
Which ranges from 12-20 square meters.
Hahaha. Just a bit bigger than a shoe box.
This is another flat I could afford. I love Montmarte!!!
I can imagine owning something like this and fixing it up.
I even saw a listing for a flat in the 1st Arrondisement (think Rue de Rivoli and the Louvre) within my price range, but it was only 5 square meters. Seriously. Maybe someone is selling-off their walk-in closet.

Last time, I actually went as far as contacting some advertisers, and asking them to take me to see some properties within my price range. Unfortunately, my only free day was Easter Monday so they asked me to reschedule.

For my birthday trip, I'm making sure we'll in Paris for almost the full week. I'm looking forward to looking at some flats within my price range. I don't think I can afford much, but I do want to know what I can afford, and how much my dream flat will cost me.

I'm so excited to keep my dream alive!!! Maybe if I just keep looking at a few flats every time I'm in Paris, I'll eventually fall in love with one that I can afford. wishful thinking is free. (in other words, libre mangarap) just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment