Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Picnicking in Hyde Park

I love going on picnics. In fact, whenever I'm in Europe and my schedule and the weather allows, I always go on a picnic.

When we visited Auntie Stella in London, we used to bake pecan pie and food for the gods to take across the street and picnic at Kensington Park. When I lived in Paris, I also always took guests to picnic at Trocadero to enjoy a great view of the Eiffel Tower.  You can read about our last picnic at the Eiffel Tower here, which actually inspired my blog logo.

I was lucky because the weather was wonderful the last time I was in London, so once I got tired of shopping in the markets, I decided to go to the park and relax.

I chose to go to Hyde Park because I remember my Aunt telling us that all buses stop at Hyde Park Corner, so you can easily change to the correct bus you need from there. So, I just jumped on a bus that took me to Hyde Park Corner because I figured it would be easy enough to catch a bus home.

The busiest part of the park is always in front of the map
after the entrance.
I went on a Sunday afternoon, so there were a lot of people enjoying the
rare sunny day.
There was a long line for the snack bar.
Good thing, I passed Tesco to grab some picnic snacks.
These turned out to be the yummiest pears I've ever had!
I decided to settle in this quiet place beside this statue.
I chose it so I could have this beautiful tree in the background
for my pictures.
I also had a nice view of the skaters and bikers doing stunts.
These guys attract quite a crowd.
My best buy for the day was this shawl turned
picnic mat that I got from Petticoat Lane for £1.
I was armed with my free copy of Time Out London and my blogging tools.
Day-off Selfie Peg with the beautiful tree in the background
The Caramel Fudge yogurt I bought was super duper good. It even had
chunks of Caramel. I wanted to buy more but I was leaving the next day.
Selfie in the Sun. Again note my favorite tree.
My feet were so happy to get a rest from all the walking
that comes with travelling.
Beside me were a group of girls dancing with their hulahoops.
They were quite good.
I started packing up when it started getting cold.
This was the free I loved. The green space at the back was where
I was camped out.
A closer look.
Old school Wall's Ice Cream Truck. Too bad it was closed when I passed.
I always love the tulips. I'm glad I arrived in time to catch them in full bloom.

I hope I can go back to Europe with Sofia soon so we can picnic.  I can nap while she plays in the park.  It's just too hot and humid to do it in Asia, because I think in Singapore we tried. just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment