Thursday, April 19, 2012

Food in Singapore is LOVE

SINGAPORE SERIES

I love eating. When family and friends come to Singapore, they normally have a PLACES TO EAT list. I just finished entertaining my family (parents and sister) and friends who stayed with us. They love to eat too.

Here are some of our great eats on Instagram.

IKEA Restaurant
Ikea now serves ribeye steak.
The Ribeye Steak meal comes with a bottled drink and Truffle Cake.
I think it was around SG$15 only (Php510)
We also always get the cinnamon roll in the background because it's SG$1 (Php34) and it comes with refillable coffee.
We always order chicken wings because they taste so good, it tastes home cooked.
Sold by twos. I think it costs around SG$2.80 (around Php100)

Le Cuisson at the hawker center near Bugis
I always order Foie Gras Salad when I visit.
They serve it with different greens so it always looks different.
The foie gras is always perfectly cooked.
It's such a steal for SG$10 (Php340).
The I shared my sister's order of Angus Steak SG$14 (Php476)
If you're lucky, you can order an extra side of Truffle Mashed Potatoes for SG$5 (Php170)

I previously wrote about Le Cuisson in detail, you can read it here.


COFFEE SHOP (street side stall) near UE Square
Duck Set meal SG$5 (Php170)
Comes with Roast Duck, Veggies in oyster sauce, 2 pieces fried wanton and rice that I don't eat.
Iced Kopi ordered separately. (I think it was less than SG$2 ~ around Php70)
I love buying food from the Coffee Shop (that's what they call street side stalls that are not part of a hawker center but sell the same food in Singapore) near our old office location.
I don't know the name of the stall, but I always go there for their roast duck. They also have good crispy fried seafood noodles, century egg congee with pork, prawn paste chicken wings and everything is really good value (read: cheap).



CHICKEN RICE EX-PRESS on Killiney Road

Sofia dragged us to the the Chicken Rice place that was walking distance from our home for lunch before we flew back to Manila. She said she had yet to eat Chicken Rice for this trip (which makes me proud to know that my daughter has her own mental To Eat List too)
The chicken rice set (with veggies in Oyster Sauce) in Killiney is not as good as TienTien,
but good enough given it's proximity to our place.
An order with fresh lime juice (or barley) with chicken, rice and veggies is S$6 (Php204)
I don't like eating a lot of the rice (it's really good) so I order Fried Wanton.
Small Order SG$4 (Php136)


Here are some of our great eats shot with my Canon S95.

Paradise Dynasty for Flavored Xiao Long Bao (XLB)
They have a sampler with 8 flavors.

We order just the best flavors.
Foie Gras XLB
So much yummier (and fatter) than regular XLB
Deconstructed XLB
We also like ordering Black Truffle XLB
It has an earthier flavor because of the truffle.
Sofia likes the soup so much, she'll ask if she can have the soup from your dumplings.
Dimsum is really nice afternoon tea.
In fact, Paradise Dynasty was quite full even at around 4
We ate so much XLB but it was all for a good cause.
I previously wrote a teaser on Paradise Dynasty, you can read about it here.


Rasapura Masters (the food court at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands)
Dry Yong Tau Fu
It normally comes from the intimidating stand with a lot of raw looking tofu and veggies in front.
You pick 6 pieces, choose if dry or soup (and what broth), and if you want noodles.
My tip is don't be shy, just keep on asking them what the things are and get what seems to be the most interesting.
I also chose KangKong (morning glory) and straw mushrooms to make it healthier.
I ordered it with Laksa Curry (soup) that I told them to serve separately.
With smaller bowls, so many people can share it and enjoy the dish so it doesn't become too overwhelming.
A new discovery for us was the yummy baby squid, served really crispy with a sweet glaze.
This was highly recommended by my sister's friend and it was really good.
We bought the largest size.
At least 5 of us were eating from it, and we still had this much to take away,
so unless you are a group of 20, don't order it in large.
The squid is sold by the same stall that sells the popular BBQ Sting Ray.
Sorry, no comment on this one because I don't eat it.
It's the Singaporean Food Stall behind the stalls that sell Filipino Food and Vietnamese Pho closer to the Skating Rink locker rooms.

For our Duck, Duck and Crab dinners, you can read my detailed post here.

Food in Singapore is Love.
Just Saying.
If you are going to Singapore for a few days on a food trip, you can use this as a suggested itinerary. I swear, it has made many of my guests happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment