Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Yummy Duck (and Crab) Overload!!!

SINGAPORE SERIES

I saw this sale sign the other day... So guess what we had for dinner that night?! :)
Who can resist that?
Especially if you know that it's only SG$20 (less that Php700) for 1 whole duck.
They can chop the duck up for you.
I love duck.
I really love duck.
I bought it from the stall at the ION Food Hall in Basement 4 that sells duck in pancakes.
Those who don't like duck... don't smile.
Sofia thinks she was eating chicken! and boy did she eat A LOT!!! Hahaha.

The next day... we went for another Duck Dinner. This time at JUMBO SEAFOOD in Boat Quay.

We always used to take guests to Jumbo at Riverside Point in Clarke Quay.
Now if you want duck... don't go there!!!

If you prefer ambiance to duck, then Clarke Quay is the better branch for you. We only went to the Boat Quay branch because the Clarke Quay branch was fully booked. What I didn't realize though was that the Boat Quay branch has really good duck. I always just thought that it was a new addition to the menu, and we could order it in all the branches. It was only when I brought my aunt who really loves duck to Clarke Quay did we realize that they only had duck salad... but no Roast or Peking Duck that was so good from the other branch.

When my friend Jacob and his mom arrived in Singapore from India last year, we had the Peking duck at Boat Quay and we enjoyed it so much we agreed that we needed to have it again before they headed back to India. This was so important to us that I checked the website to make sure that duck was on the menu while Jacob confirmed that it was available when he made the reservation. 

Peking Duck served 2 ways. SG$52 (Php1,765)
They carve the duck in front of you.
Then they prepare it in pancakes with cucumber, spring onion and hoisin sauce.
1 duck = 2 plates of duck skin pancakes = heaven
We asked them to serve the duck meat with salt and pepper 
My dad asked for the duck head (he loves the brain) and neck.
He was in heaven, I think we lost him as soon as they served it to him.

Of course we also ordered crabs. (the reason why we were in Jumbo in the first place, except I don't eat crabs, so the duck was my highlight)

Black Pepper Crab
everyone I know likes this better than Chilli Crabs (but it's not as famous)
Singapore's Chilli Crab
We ordered two small crabs because we only had 6 crab eaters in our group. They charged us SG$48 (Php1,630) per crab.

We also ordered the usual favorites.

Large order of Cereal Prawns SG$40 (Php1,357)
remember to tell them you want it deshelled
Large order of homemade beancurd SG$28 (Php950)
Salted Fish and Chicken Fried Rice (with no salted fish)
SG$16 (Php543) for 9 bowls
We normally order Black Pepper Beef too, but with the duck, we just had too much food already, so we had to save that for another day.

For dessert, we just ordered 1 small cup of Honey Dew Sago (and many spoons) to share.
SG$4 (Php138)
We were all very happy, even if we had to share the small dessert. Hahaha.
We all did not have anymore stomach space to spare.
Our bill for all the food and drinks that we ordered was high enough to merit get a Free Membership Card. (yay!!!) This means we get 10% off on meals (20% off for lunch on weekdays) and some sort of points for their loyalty/rewards system.

My favorite part of the meal was the really generous vouchers we got.
Get SG$50 off with SG$100 spend and you can use up to 3 vouchers at a time!
I can't wait to go back to Jumbo to use them. I will order Duck, Beancurd and Black Pepper Beef. Hahaha. No crabs for me. Just Saying.


Jumbo Seafood at Boat Quay
The Riverwalk
20 Upper Circular Road #B1-48 
The Riverwalk Singapore 058416
Tel: 6534-3435 (reservations recommended)

No comments:

Post a Comment