Thursday, April 12, 2012

One Meal* a Day in Manila

I am in Manila for a few days and by design I have not made a lot of plans. To make sure that this trip is one of R&R and not just E&E (eating and eating), I have limited my commitments to one meal* a day, but i still eat other meals, I just haven't made any plans in advance for them... so that means it has to be good.

Today, I met a close friend (we will call him CF because he's quite shy) so we could catch up over lunch.
We ate at Uncle Cheffy (in Eastwood Mall) because I was craving for steak.
My friend wanted to take the food shot using the manual setting of my Canon S95 camera.
He made good steak look like burned pork chops.
Photo Credit: CF
I think I did a better job with my default automatic setting with no flash.
Look at the charred fat and the pink steak. Yummmy.
We ordered the steak platter good for 3-4 and managed to finish most of it.
Php1,950 (SG$58)
This was my first serving (followed by many more).
I ate all the side greens to make my meal a bit healthier.
The restaurant has air-conditioned seating as well as tables on the veranda which are nicer at night.

Uncle Cheffy also has good Panizza (really thin brick oven baked pizza, served with greens that you make into a roll before eating) but we needed more people to be able to order more food. We missed you, JJEB! If you were there, we could have ordered both, so we're saving that for next time.

I hope all my meal commitments in Manila are as good as this one. 

UNCLE CHEFFY
2/F Eastwood Mall Veranda, Eastwood City, Libis
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines
+63 (02) 383-7215

No comments:

Post a Comment