Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I want mini Lego and I'm bringing the mini-me to Legoland

We love Lego, so I am bringing Sofia to Legoland in Windsor this Saturday. It's a good thing I was able to find some 2-for-1 vouchers for Legoland after my first plan to get them through a friend failed. This means that we have more money to spend on Lego. Or using my logic, it means that any Lego we buy up to the price of  our ticket savings actually come FREE. Yay. I love freebies.

The last time I went to Legoland was probably more than 10 years ago, when we would bring my godson (and youngest cousin) Jacob when he was barely big enough to drive the Lego cars there. I was already very impressed then, and that was before I became a crazy Lego collector.

It was only when I was shopping for Lego for Sofia, that my sister and I got hooked into buying and subsequently collecting Lego's modular buildings. We got into the collecting game too late, because by then, the price of the Cafe Corner and Market Street was already astronomical. We were able to buy the Grand Emporium and the Fire Brigade at the retail price, but we got the Green Grocer from ebay for a premium.

The Grand Emporium
The modular building where our Lego addiction started.
The level of detail is just excellent.
This is the bride and the groom from the store window.
There is a guy with no pants in the dressing room caught on CCTV.
There is an escalator because there are 3 levels of shops.
Every Grand Emporium needs a grand chandelier.
Then we bought the Green Grocer so our street was expanding fast.

The Fire Brigade took longer to build because my trips to Manila became more erratic and I was usually only home for a few days. I don't even think I have taken any pictures yet. 

We also bought the newest modular release, the pet shop and the town house, which we have yet to build. Unfortunately, that one is not included in the mini set, but that doesn't make the mini modular buildings any less cool. As soon as I saw them, I knew I wanted one, but since the price is the same in Singapore (SG$119) and in London (GBP59.90), I decided it was easier to reserve a set from Toyshunt which I already did! 



My sister is already predicting that Sofia will think the miniature set is hers. She's probably right.

If you're into Lego, go grab one now before they run out. It was originally offered to VIP members only but it is now sold to the public. It was released in Singapore 4pm yesterday. I was informed by the sales assistant that they were given strict instructions to tell customers that member discounts don't apply but you still get credited for the points. Well, I still think it's a good deal. I even wanted to buy two sets. Just Saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment