Thursday, April 26, 2012

Shrek the Musical

We watched Shrek at the Royal Drury Lane Theater in London's West End last night and I think it was really good. It was light and funny and it manages to keep the kids entertained for two and a half hours. Sofia stayed awake for the entire show, which is more than I can say for Wicked, which she claims is her favorite musical.

Little Miss Smarty-Pants said S is for Sofia, mom!
Inside Drury Lane Theater before the show.

Here is a taste of how good the production was.




If I am not mistaken, Royal Drury Lane Theater was where Miss Saigon used to play, so this was the same theater where I watched my very first West End play sadly many, many, years ago.

I found this picture online. The same theater taken in 1996.
Photo credit: londontheater.co.uk

 Outside the theater after the show.
Taken in 2012.
Thanks Auntie C! It was great seeing you in London!

Shrek The Musical
Royal Drury Lane Theater
Catherine St, London, WC2B 5JF 
Tube: Covent Garden 
Tel: +44 844 412 2955
You can buy tickets from the box office 

No comments:

Post a Comment