Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mitju Warehouse Sale

SINGAPORE SERIES

I discovered Mitju, a local Singapore shoes and bags brand with a quirky style that is surprisingly quite comfortable, through my friend Lynn. She used to wear the cutest black flats with rhinestones to work and she used to tell me that it was so cheap, she used to buy four pairs in one go, so that when she wore out one, she still had more pairs (of the same style) in stock to replace it.

In October of 2010, I received a notice from my favorite Singapore shopping and sale blog, livinginsingaporetoday.com, that the first ever Mitju sale that was taking place. Sucker for a sale that I am, I went all the way to where their warehouse was located, I lined up for what seemed like hours to enter, but I was rewarded by a very big selection of shoes that were only SG$5. There were also a lot of other shoes on sale, but I normally just focus on the biggest discount and I buy as much as I can (I bought stuff for my sister and my cousin too!) to maximize the trip.

There were the Mitju Shoes I bought from the Warehouse Sale in 2010 at SG$5 each.

Last year, when Mitju had a sale at around the same time, I was travelling, so I said, this year, I will fly back to Singapore if they have their sale when I'm already back in the Philippines. Hahaha... I will need to buy more to make it worth the trip!

Luckily, I saw another notice from LivingInSingaporeToday saying that there was another Warehouse Sale this 6th-8th April, and it was going to be in *SCAPE (in Orchard Link, around Mandarin Orchard and Somerset Youth Park) so I included it in my calendar and my MUST DO LIST. I have family and friends over this week but I dragged them to the Mitju sale with me.

Mitju Warehouse Sale 2012
The line was so long.
The line was snaking all around outside the building.
My friend said it was longer than the Marni x H&M line.
It was quite organized once you get to enter.
Shoes are $18 for 1 pair, and $30 for 2 pairs.
There was a wall where the shoes were all SG$8 and it was arranged by size.
Guess where I shopped? The original price of the shoes were around SG$30 each.
This was my loot (with Sofia's foot).
Sofia insisted on being in the picture with my shoes.
Pointy-toed kitten heels in faux patent leather (beige and black) SG$8 each.
My sister got three pairs of heels in different colors also SG$8 each.
Photo styled by Sofia
But she actually ended up with four colors of heels.
Eep!!! hahaha...
I got a peep toe mid-height wedge which I plan to wear in London.
also SG$8
I can channel Dorothy with my shiny red shoes.
also SG$8
My favorite buy was a pair of brown heels that can be worn with or without a frilly strap.
also SG$8
My sister also bought strappy black sandals for SG$8.

DBS card holders get a lucky dip with every SG$50 spent (usual spend requirement of SG$70 for other customers).
I bought 5 pairs of shoes for SG$40 and I got a free purse because we combined purchases with my sister and my mom.
My sister got SG$20 vouchers, so she bought this pair with a nice wedge heel at the Mitju store in ION.
SG$42.90 Net of Vouchers SG$22.90
My sister was able to go back and have her shoes changed to a pair with the same colored heel, and she came home with a surprise for me.

Kate Spade inspired peep-toe flats with a giant bow in metallic balls.
also SG$8. perfect to for my Easter brunch outfit!

The MITJU Warehouse Sale is on-going until tomorrow 
8th April 10am-10pm 
at *SCAPE, Level 2 Warehouse 
Orchard Link, Singapore

Sofia waited so patiently with us so I let her shop to her hearts content from the gummi store.
Actually, I told her she could only buy S O F I A so she was hunting for it.
Sofia was also happy with her shopping :)

1 comment: