Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shopping for Sustainability

I make it a rule never to write about my work. I won't break that rule... but I attended an inspiring session a few days ago about the initiatives that the company I work for is doing for SUSTAINABILITY and I think that's something worth writing about.

Actually, I'll just let you watch it:


What I love about the session I attended was that they did not give us a lot of print outs or literature to read about the company's Sustainability Plan which would have been a waste of paper. They gave us sustainable products to try... which make a difference in this world. 

Try it. Love it. Share it.

FLORA Cuisine
It has 45% less saturated fat than Olive Oil.
Visit their website for more information and recipes.

TRESemmé Fresh Start (Dry Shampoo)
It gives you a customized solution for clean hair without water.
HOW IT WORKS
Salon-quality full line to revive beautiful style between washes for your hair type. Formulated to absorb excess oil and remove odor, the full line of dry shampoos rejuvenates hair without a drop of water. And with a renewing burst of citrus extracts infused into every product, you can leave hair with a clean, fresh scent. 
Visit their website for more information.

PG Tips
The tea inside PG tips boxes is grown using sustainable farming methods, the people who pick it earn a better living and their families have access to education and medical care.
Visit their website for more information.

Knorr Soups
Helps farmers grow vegetables more sustainably.
Visit their website for more information and recipes.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
Uses 3% less plastic in the packaging, saving 133 tonnes of resin a year!

Persil Concentrated Detergent
Reduces Greenhouse Gas Emissions per wash by upto 50%.
You can visit their website here.

I love working for Unilever! 
Since this will probably be the only time I will write about it, I want to end with this video. Sofia loves watching it.



Disclaimer: All the videos posted (and more) are available for viewing on YouTube. Links provided will direct you to publicly available brand websites. No confidential information has been shared in this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment