Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Around St. Paul's

I want to blog about Paris, because I only have good things to say about our weekend there, but to do justice to it, I need to do it leisurely... the Parisian way.

So, I'll just blog more about London in the Spring and the area where we are living for a month.


St. Paul's Cathedral during the day.

We live walking distance to St Paul's Cathedral.
Photo Credit: Sofia (thus the missing cathedral dome)
Spring is so beautiful. Every time we go out, we stop to smell the tulips. 
Sofia trying to get her gammy to make funny poses with her.
Pink and Purple Tulips.
The tulips in the garden beside St. Paul was a different variety.
Fif smelling the tulips in color accent yellow.
Fif and Gammy in color accent yellow.

We were on our way to Holborn because I was craving for Chicken Cottage Fried Chicken (I remember the weirdest things... and crave for them!) but I was so hungry I decided to go to the shawarma place we saw first instead because I just read about it from Chuvaness.

My mixed meat (lamb and chicken) Shawarma plate. £6.50 (SG$13 or Php443)
I remember that Shawarma used to be a cheap meal in Europe. Now it's just reasonable.
Sofia and I shared it. She had the fries.
I also wanted to go to Holborn because it's near... and there is a discount book shop in the area.
Fif bought cereal puzzles from Book Warehouse.
£10 £2 (SG$4 or Php137)

Also very near to St. Paul's is the Millenium Bridge.

Millenium Bridge on a busy day.
Millenium bridge on a more quiet day.
Blackfriars bridge at Sunset.
The Tower Bridge is visible on the other side.
With Fif and Ma at Millenium Bridge with 100VE in the background.
Sofia with Auntie C.

Ma with St. Paul's in the background.
The little monkey thinks this is some sort of monkey bar.
Baka masermonan sya. Hahaha. Sorry, couldn't help the pun.
Sofia loves hanging on poles... like a Monkey!
Getting Auntie C to hang on poles with her!
Fif, Auntie C and Guard Bear on our way home.

We miss you Auntie C!!!  Bilis... come back na! We're here till next week.  Hahahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment