Monday, May 7, 2012

My London Shopping

Shopping in London is still as good as I remembered... for all my favorite things to buy in London anyway. Among them are Mobile Charms in 9K gold. You need a bit of luck to find them because these are normally old gold charms which move or open, but the hard part is finding a jewelry store that sells them. I used to find them in the gold sellers in markets like Bermondsey or Portobello road, but because they don't have permanent stalls, it's hard to find a seller if you come back and look for them after a couple of years. The real gold sellers will sell the charms to you based on weight. Bargaining of course is acceptable with the universal rule being the more you buy, the more you can bargain.

This is my loot from this trip. Excessive much... but I swear...
I didn't even buy all the mobile charms they had.
Just my favorite ones and the ones I was willing to pay for.
and you can't easily find them so when you see them you NEED to buy them.
The clue is normally if you see a hinge... it means there's a surprise inside.
This is a 9ct apple charm.
It opened up to Adam and Eve.
Want! Want! Want!
This is a London Royal Mail Box.
There is actually a letter inside if you look closely.
This one was a charm of two people on a swing facing each other.
You can make them swing back and forth.
Sofia decided we needed to own this one too!
This one is a cuckoo clock.
You can use the lever to make the cuckoo go in and out.
This was one of the lighter charms so we needed to buy it to bring down the average.
This was the last charm I bought.
It's actually for Sofia because I already have one.
A message comes out when you spin it fast.
This one says 'I Love You".
The one I have says 'Why Worry" Hahaha.


My other favorite thing to buy are magazines with cool freebies!!! Sucker for freebies much.
I bought the Bazaar mag for the designer Alice Temperly tote bag.
£4.20 (SG$8.40 or Php285)
I bought the marie clare mag for the BodyShop Lip and Cheek Stain Tube worth £10. 

£3.80 (SG$7.60 or Php258)
My little girl wanted to be in my picture again!

The Body Shop
I entered the BodyShop to check if they were giving away the same thing that they were selling and if it was really £10. I ended up buying more stuff and getting loads of freebies. 
Memories of Myeongdong. Yay!
Free Membership for the Covent Garden Launch party worth £5 that gives you an instant 10% discount.
Free sampler with every purchase.
I bought £50 worth of products for £12.50 (SG$25 or Php850) with all the promos.
This sucker for a sale is extremely happy.
I also got a free make-over to teach me how to use what I bought.
I love Janie's eye-make-up more! I can't wait for my follow-up lesson to recreate that.
Sofifi wanted a picture with mom.
For her, no make-over required.

We have less than a week left in London.  If we stayed longer, my bank account would be in serious trouble...  because my name is Coley... and I am a shopaholic!!! Just Saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment