Thursday, May 24, 2012

Foie Gras Overload!

I love foie gras. Just Saying.

If you've been reading my blog, you'd know that. Hahaha. I think right after this post I will add foie gras as one of my tags.

Anyway, back on topic, I just found out that one of my favorite eating places in Singapore, Le Cuisson, which I've written about here in detail and here in passing, is on it's last month of operation at their current location in the hawker center near Bugis Junction. What they are not clearly saying is that they will be re-opening around the middle of June somewhere in Holland Village (which is less accessible to us). Since we're flying off to Vietnam this weekend and will be back next month, I knew I had to go back and eat there again before they closed shop so I dragged yaya to join me for a late lunch after we dropped Fif off in school. I actually woke up feeling really under the weather with a sore throat and flu-like symptoms but I scared them away with an espresso, tylenol and bioflu (which really works for me... but I only do it when I feel like I'm about to die... so I'm not a regular pill popper).

The most affordable Foie Gras I've had in Singapore at SG$10 (around Php345).
And it tastes really good too.
It goes perfectly well with the Angus Steak as a main.
I shared this with yaya... just in case you're judging me. Hahaha.
Tender beef with just the right amount of fat hidden so it's difficult to cut out.
I was chatting with the chef that's why I know they're moving.
He said stay tuned to their facebook page for updates.
Good bye Le Cuisson. I will miss you.
The stall beside Le Cuisson was Soy Sauce Chicken Rice.
It's also been featured in food blogs like i eat i shoot i post.
Yaya had the char siew and braised egg and it was quite good.
One of the things I'll miss about Le Cuisson's current location is that from where we live, we can opt to take one straight bus to get there... but the best thing is to catch the same bus back, we need to go through Bugis Junction where we pass Ritz Apple Strudel which is a really great place to grab dessert after a yummy meal.

They used to have branches in Manila. We already loved it then.
After a big lunch, I ordered a mini apple strudel (SG$4.20 around Php 320).
This looks really sinful. Too bad it didn't come in a mini.

I shared it with yaya and saved half for Fif.
which I ended up eating too only because she didn't want it.
Layers of crisp puff pastry, cream, custard, apples and a glaze on top.
Yummmmmmmy.
On my Foie Gras to try list: Saveur - another affordable french place with coffee shop roots.
I hope it's as good as Le Cuisson because it's in the same general area.

Last weekend, I had to absolutely try the Foie Gras Tonkatsu from Tampopo that I've seen in their poster.


They're not really a Tonkatsu place like Saboten, which is our favorite in Millenia Walk, but this was enough to call my attention. Surprisingly, even when we arrived at close to 2:00pm last Saturday, we still had to wait for a table because they were very full. This also meant that even when we were seated, it took them forever to bring our food. In other words, the service was really bad.

Sofia had the kid's meal with an Ebi Fry and a mini pork tonkatsu.
this was less than SG$10 (Php345)
I had this of course. 
I think the Foie Gras was a little overcooked, but it was still good anyway.
When I ordered I asked if they had Goma (sesame) dressing.
They said yes but they told me to try the house dressing first.
I did and it's no good. I've been spoiled by Saboten.
I asked for goma dressing and they gave me some and I was happy.
Then they added SG$1 to my bill.
They removed it when I complained that I asked before ordering and they didn't tell me.
Yaya ordered spicy wings and liked it.
She ate it with the rice I didn't touch and Sofia also shared her food.
SG$6.80 (around Php400)
I will never go back unless I am craving specifically for Tonkatsu and Foie Gras at the same time. Hahaha... which knowing me, will probably be right after I get back from Vietnam. I hope I go with someone who likes Ramen, so I can eat from their food, because as I was writing this post I've read rave reviews about their ramen, I just don't want to go out of my way to eat carbs so I will never go there for that reason alone. But for the love of Foie Gras... I will. Just Saying.

TAMPOPO Liang Court Branch
177 River Valley Road 
#01-23/24 Liang Court Shopping Centre
Singapore 179030

No comments:

Post a Comment