Sunday, May 6, 2012

Trois heures dans le Parc Disneyland

I promised my daughter a trip to Disneyland during our Paris weekend, so we squeezed it in our schedule but because I let her sleep in quite a bit, we were left with only 'Three Hours in Disneyland' the literal translation of the title in English.

Excited to see the entrance to the Park
With Mickey and Minnie Balloons.
By the fountain.
Running to enter.
Disneyland Paris is celebrating it's 20th Anniversary this year.
My organized daughter always goes for the map first so we can plan our trip...
Ooops. That's Italian dear.
We found it in English.
Tip for everyone: If you have a limited time... do NOT go for the Dineyland Railroad Train.
even if it says that queue time is less than 45minutes.
Disneyland RR sign from the queue.
View of Main St. from the queue.
View of Main St and the castle still from the queue.
As you can see... we saw Disneyland mostly from the queue.
We were in a really good position when the train came out.
Where's wally time: Look for the Chipmunks.
More of Where's Wally: Look for Donald Duck.
More of Where's Wally: Look for Goofy.
The other side of the square.
After an hour or so... we were finally close enough to see the train.
The line did not really look that long, except there are 4 stops,
and sometimes no one gets off the train = no one can get on.
Good thing the mat did not fit my luggage anymore so we ended up bringing it by default.
Picnic in line! (with our left overs from last nights picnic)
It does not say HORRIBLE DELAYS anywhere here.
Disneyland Rail is worse than the London TUBE!!!
Admiring my new bag that goes so well with my shoes.
It also did not fit into my luggage.
Check out my Parisian Chic get up.
Stylish coat, white shorts, grey tights and matching shoes and bag.
I am meant to live in Paris!
When it was finally our turn to ride... the train breaks down.
and they could not tell us if it was going to take long or not (after 1.5 hrs in line)
NO KIDDING. Disneyland may very well be the S*ckiest place on earth!!!
At this point I was really threatening to write Walt a MAD letter!!! 
After 2 hours we finally got to ride.
If you do the math, it means we had 1 hour left to ride the train + walk around.
Stained Glass from the Train Station. It took a while before it moved after we boarded.
This was the only thing we saw of Frontierland. 
I think this was the station where the train broke down so everything got delayed.
Sofia took my picture.
Then we had a good overview of Fantasy Land and we knew we wanted to quickly visit it.
More of Fantasy Land.
The queues were really bad everywhere. This was the queue for It's a small world.
Good thing Sofia told me, Mom, I rode that already with Gammy in HK.
We went down at the Discoveryland Station.
I'm so happy my daughter is low maintainance.
She was happy enough to just get her picture taken in front of the Buzz Lightning ride.
I showed her Orbitron, Jacob's favorite ride 8 years ago.
We set up our tripod, but I did not realize I covered the castle.
It's better sitting. If we had more time,
I'd adjust it to have less floor and a complete castle. But we didn't.
Sofia before entering Sleeping Beauty's Castle.
Sleeping Beauty.
The castle ceiling, we had no time to snoop upstairs.
View of the entrance and Main St. from the castle.
In front of Snow White's cottage.
Inside Snow White's cottage (shop). Fif found a Pluto she wanted.
Picture in front of Pinocchio's ride.
and outside Geppetto's shop.
Mickey Mouse was on vacation so his home was converted into stroller parking.
WTF???!!!??? We came here to meet him!!!
The labyrinth. You can see the top of people's heads.
The spinning tea cups. This was the only ride with the manageable ride...
But Sofia was not to happy with the Spinning Spider in Legoland that she did not want to ride it.
My little mad-hatter.
Fif loves sugar!
Alice Fif in Wonderland.
in vivid mode
In Color Accent Red.
With Mom and Mom's nice new bag. Wheeee!
Sadly, the highlight of this trip was the Alice in Wonderland photo area.
The only Moulin we saw in Paris was this old one.
Bye Disneyland.
We have to run now.
Good thing this little girl is easy to please.
I told Fif, when we live in Paris,
we can come back for the weekend at a Disney hotel and maybe Mickey Mouse will entertain us.
Off to the Airport now!!!


In the course of writing this post, I could not resist it. I wrote Disneyland a mad email about our horrible train experience. Let's see how good they are at after sales service. 

I'm just glad Sofia had fun. Just Saying.

1 comment:

  1. Your little girl was obviously enjoying Disney. I wish to bring my child in Disney too. Orlando Theme Parks

    ReplyDelete