Monday, May 14, 2012

Back in (the) Singapore (Sauna)

This is another we're so happy to be back home post, but because of the weather (hot and humid) in Singapore I can't say we're really glad to be back.

We arrived Saturday night and I spent the weekend getting over more than just jet lag... I spent the weekend getting over a month with Sofia and Mama with no nanny!!! Hahahaha... I am so sure my mom will have her own version of the same sentiment!

The Singapore Sauna-like weather didn't even register because we spent the whole Sunday at home with the air-conditioner at 16degrees (just like Spring in London or Paris... Hahaha). We even phoned-a-ninong (Sofia's favorite thin godfather) to bring us duck-that-no-longer-needs-to-pretend-to-be-chicken for dinner.

However, life was starting to get back to normal today. We both woke up around noon, just in time for Sofia's afternoon class.

Sofia counting the Jelly Babies she was going to bring for her 18 classmates.
She was trying to convince me that maybe she should just save the Jelly Babies for Andie, Mia, Yonso, Viele and Jillie but I told her the box had 50 packs and was more than enough for her classmates and her friends.

Sofia was very happy that teacher also gave her one pack of Jelly Babies... to add to her stash at home.

After bringing Sofia to school, this was just past 1:00pm, when it felt like the sun was at it's hottest, I was trying to decide between shopping in Orchard Road or swimming in the pool.

Clearly. The swimming pool won.
Our home is in this picture.
The sauna is only cool if you enjoy it by the pool...
or with good looking naked people (i've been told!
I even picked up lunch from 313@somerset (my kitchen extension) in a wet bikini with a cover-up.
I am so going to miss our Singapore home.
Last 2 months to enjoy it!!!
picture shot in vivid with my Canon S95

After I picked up Fif from school, we went directly to the mall to cool down... buy dinner, and so she could pick out her Lego.

Sofif with her prize for weaning herself off the bottle.

The deal was actually that I would buy her the biggest Lego she could carry if she stopped drinking milk from the bottle before sleeping when we were in London. I think it helped a lot that she just fell asleep the first few days because of jet lag... then when she was awake enough to want milk, she noticed that there was a difference in the taste of the British milk, so eventually she just stopped asking for it.

This is the "enough pictures mom! I wanna build my Lego" picture.

I love my low maintenance daughter. She chose this because it was the nicest Lego set from the sale pile. Hahaha. I've trained her well! I convinced her it goes well with the bank and robber that she already has... because now the police can chase the robber with the truck and the boat! I also could not let her buy from the Lego Friends collection because I bought most of the nice pieces already (stocking up for her birthday!)

Sofia made 90% of this boat by herself because I was busy blogging and she got tired of waiting for me.

I can't wait for the day when Sofia will want to buy the same 10-series Collector's Edition Lego sets that my sister and I love buying. That's going to save me some money since we'll buy it anyway. Hahaha. Just Saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment