Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hunter Valley Teaser

We went to Hunter Valley yesterday. It's the wine region of Australia. We all know I'm not a big wine drinker, 1 glass of red (or white) = 1 big red face for me! Hahaha... But since I've never been there, when my aunt asked if I wanted to go there, I said why not?

(note: during my last trip here we did the animal tour version visiting the koalas and the kangaroos... I left with the impression that Australia was one big zoo!)

Hunter Valley is around a two hour drive away from Sydney. You know you are already there once you see all the vineyards. They're beautiful!

The fast forward version of our day was we visited the Hunter Valley Gardens, the biggest privately owned display gardens in Australia where we had an Aussie BBQ, we did the garden tour where the sun was so hot it gave me a really bad headache, then we quicky visited the Hunter Valley Cheese Factory, McGuigan Wines (awarded best wine producer in the world in 2009) was beside it, along with a smaller vineyard that we also went to.

That's all for now, detailed post to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment