Sunday, March 4, 2012

Our (short but) Sweet Life in Singapore

Our stay in Singapore this time around was quite a short one. We were supposed to be here for less than a week. Sofia was only able to go to school for three days (because she was recovering from being sick when we just arrived), and we had to squeeze in all our usual shopping MUST DO's errands before and after bringing Fif to school. In order to save time, we jumped into cabs most of the time so I think I spent an arm a leg on that, but I think this enabled us to do a whole lot more.

We did almost everything on our list, save for going to Clarke Quay for the tourist vouchers (this used to be Kaya Jam for pasalubong), we can do that when my family comes to visit in April

Of course, we love playing with our coffee toys and baking at home. We were even able to 'entertain' some guests for 'afternoon tea'.

My new toy from Daiso, the everything for SG$2 store
Pink Cappuccino Maker (milk frother w/ stand) 
Just add two AA batteries and it does this!
I made cappuccinos for me and fif
I like using my moka so our home smells like Starbucks, but I use it only when the nanny is here to wash up.

We had time yesterday morning so we made some Freshly Baked Cookies for our guests who were coming over.
Our philosophy is "why bake from scratch if there's a perfectly good mix available".
I feel like before I continue with my story, this is the time to put it on record, that we do bake from scratch, but we bake things that don't come in a mix. This Red Velvet Cupcake was made from scratch in our Singapore home.
Back to our Chocolate Chip Cookies,
You just need half a stick of butter (110g)
and one egg
Yes! I can still crack the egg with the twist of one hand like a professional!
and mix it all togther
Ooops, the whisk was really not effective so we changed to a wooden spoon.
Using an electric mixer is the easiest, but if you're just making one batch (from a mix), you can live without one
Fif wanted to make small cookies on her small baking pan (from her ikea kitchen)
Cookies mom made, and cookies mom helped Fif make
We met my friends from University for a late lunch
then we brought them home to have some coffee and dessert
and to play with fif.

We were also quite busy on the shopping front. We were able to buy all the sets in the Lego Friends series which I previously mentioned here, and we also found a reason for Fif to buy a new Build a Bear. We decided to save the US$250 cost of re-booking her return ticket to Singapore, and just use the money to shop instead, as long as she was okay arriving one day earlier than me. Win-Win-Win!

Doing the heart transplant prayer
After a super duper long time spent in the shop to choose which one she wanted, she finally settled on a fluffy white bear.
Giving Fifi bear (yes, she named her newest bear after her!) a bath
Fif helping Fif get dressed in the outfit we picked out
We just borrowed the headband for the picture because we didn't want to pay SG$8 for it.

Good bye for now folks! 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I need to bring both Fifs to the airport, and maybe check out the Changi Outlet Mall too since I'll be in the area. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll be able to bum a Wagyu steak dinner from Tim too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment