Thursday, March 22, 2012

Typo Australia

I love Typo. It's the stationary store full of knick knacks that is part of the Cotton-On group of stores that started in Australia. This was one of the stores on my MUST visit list because I love their small store in Singapore (which I wrote about here) so I googled the closest branch to my aunt's place and I asked her to take me there last weekend.

Typo in Westfield Penrith is at least double the size of the Wisma (Singapore) branch.

I went directly to the sale part of the store. The Australian Dollar is currently so strong now that it is actually cheaper to buy things in Singapore, so I only buy stuff on sale, or things that I think are only sold in Australia.

Note books with cut-out quotes in French and Spanish
AU$4.95 AU$2.00 (SG$2.65 or Php90)
Note pad with calendar AU$6.95 AU$3.00 (SG$4 or Php135)
Magnetic Pads AU$4.95 AU$2.00 (SG$2.65 or Php90)
Typo puts censored stickers where required

This was my favorite purchase. I saw it in Singapore before and it really intrigued me, so even if it was not part of the sale pile, I rationalized that I could buy it since I still had a lot of cash and not as much days left to spend it. So I used the "it's like getting it for free" excuse!
"Push Over" Self Inking Stamps (the gigantic version)
AU$9.95 (SG$ or Php44)
Here's a closer look:
Great Work On: (tick as appropriate)
Being a Moron, Your outfit today, The presentation, Your cleanliness, The delicious food
Don't take this the wrong way: (tick as appropriate)
You shit me, You look hot today, You smell, You have food in your teeth, I'd love to shag you
I had to buy both of them. There was another design available but I found it too lame. 
They also had a whole display of the TRAMP STAMP size, some of which I have from their Singapore store.

Tramp Stamp Display AU$2.95 (SG$4 or Php135)
My Typo Junk in Singapore

I had so much fun buying all these things. Now the challenge is to find a way to use them... Hahaha. Just Saying.

TYPO
Westfield Penrith
Level: Upper Store #: 303
Phone: 4722 2834

You can visit their website here

No comments:

Post a Comment