Thursday, March 15, 2012

Road Less Traveled Australia: Southern Coast of NSW

I am lucky I need to travel for work. This has allowed me to visit many countries I would never pay to go to, and revisit other countries I've been to before. Revisiting a place is a really good opportunity to enjoy the country more that you normally would if you were just visiting for the first time because it becomes more about enjoying the things you like about it rather than a long big to do list that has more to do with ticking the boxes with a 'been there done that' attitude.

One of the things I first wrote about when I started this blog was my favorite countries (cheesy Top 10)  from the two years I have been doing this job, broken into two parts. You can read about Part 1 here and Part 2 here.

Anyway, back to the topic of travelling for work... sometimes I get lucky enough to have to travel within a country so I get to see roads less traveled. This was the case the other day, we had to go to Nowra, the Southern Coast of New South Wales (NSW). It's almost a three hour drive South of Sydney.

Wollongong

Pit stop around 2 hours into the drive
View of the other side of the coast


Kiama

Iconic Lighthouse
One of the attractions in Kiama is the Blow Hole
If you strain your eyes, you can read what a Blow Hole
I want my future to look like this.
Please replace the stroller with Sofia.
The people hosting us  were nice enough to give us a two minute tour
before we got down to business.

I love seaside towns. They are very laid back.

The sign prominently displayed at a cafe overlooking the sea in Kiama.
Photo Credit: RMB

We ordered four coffees to go, albeit a bit complicated (a flat white, a latte, a cappuccino and a mocha), and it must have taken them half an hour to serve it. We dared not complain! Hahaha... That was excellent managing of expectations from their end.

I think we also passed beside the Seven Mile Beach, known to be Australia's best beach for learning to surf, but a two minute stop there was not on the agenda. We actually had to have a quick lunch while during the meeting because we had to drive another two to three hours to get back to the city, but it was one of the days that I loved my job for taking me through roads less traveled. Just Saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment